Spam in Calendar on iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MacUser09, Nov 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MacUser09, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016

MacUser09 macrumors regular

Just heard a notification from my iPhone. When I checked, there is an advert for RayBans from some Chinese website. Looks like it's some sort of mass mail out, but what I can't understand is how it has been added to my Calendar.

Can someone please explain? Is there a setting I can switch off to stop this?

Last thing I want is to start getting spam in my Calendar. It's bad enough in mail.

Thanks

EDIT. Also in Calendar on my Macbook. when I try to delete it, I get a message that if I decline invitation, the sender will be notified. what to do?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...just-popped-up-on-my-icloud-calendar.2014348/

3. frifra macrumors 6502a

frifra

I received the same thing today. Weired thing is, that I don't use my iCloud email address it was sent to anywhere, nor that combination of words in any other email account. So how did they get this email address if apple is the only one who knows it?

4. MacUser09 thread starter macrumors regular

5. Jetfire macrumors 6502

What is this spam that has been going on with iOS? First I got the Calendar span, later I got the photo spam and just now I got a reminders spam.

6. craig1024 macrumors regular

I got one of these and hit decline without thinking and after googling it I realised I let them know my email is active so I hope Apple adds a junk filter soon