Spammy for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 9fiftyfive, Apr 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 9fiftyfive, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016

9fiftyfive macrumors member

9fiftyfive

So, I made another program using AppleScript that's hopefully more useful than the last one I made (empty for OS X). Thanks for the honest input on the last program, and if you don't like this one, feel free to let me know. Thanks!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Introducing Spammy for Mac
    Spammy is a simple spammer for OS X. It's intent is to mess with friends, and I don't condone malicious spamming acts. I am NOT responsible for any trouble you get into with my tool. Don't use it stupidly. As states before, this tool is made for fun. Any malicious acts committed with my tool are not my responsibility.

Video Demo:

Download now (2.09 MB)

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Oh dear. Sorry to be blunt, but this isn't even a remotely good idea for an app.

3. 9fiftyfive thread starter macrumors member

9fiftyfive

Why not? It's fun :)

4. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Can you write an app/script that would allow one to change the delay for marking a message as read in Mail?

5. 9fiftyfive thread starter macrumors member

9fiftyfive

Maybe? It seems like it would be more of a software mod instead of an AppleScript program.

6. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

There used to be a Terminal command, but it doesn't work as of Yosemite.

7. Ebenezum macrumors 6502a

OP:

I don't want to discourage your interest in AppleScript but it would be better idea to create something that is helpful to people instead of pranks. Example: DiskMaker X http://diskmakerx.com which is made with AppleScript and its purpose is to create bootable OS X installers easier than with the CLI provided by Apple.

DiskMaker X is likely too complicated compared to what you had in mind but its just one example of things that Apple overlooked in OS X that can be improved with AppleScript.

8. 9fiftyfive thread starter macrumors member

9fiftyfive

Indeed it is too complicated right now. I posted this due to positive feedback from friends. I am working on more than just pranks though. If this forum wouldn't mind (I do apologize for the average-quality programs I've been posting every few days, I don't want to spam the forum), I made a "useful" program that deals with hidden files. Also, your feedback isn't discouraging, so don't worry. I'd rather know that my program isn't that useful so I can make improvements for the next program I make.

9. 9fiftyfive thread starter macrumors member

9fiftyfive

Can you send me the command? Thanks!

10. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

11. 9fiftyfive thread starter macrumors member

9fiftyfive

12. blackboxideas macrumors member

May I suggest something like a poll or suggestion thread (if you haven't already?). If you're looking for a challenge to make the most of learning some more Applescript, canvasing some opinions for a project here or in the programming section would be a great start.

13. 9fiftyfive thread starter macrumors member

9fiftyfive

Thanks for the great idea! I'll start one now!