Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

readerbreader

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
It sounds weird, but I hope they have those special bags for the iPhone like they did a few years ago. Anyone else?

PorterRocks

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
Idaho
I think they will simply because the iPhone 4 is "The biggest leap since the original iPhone". A lot of hype and press to go with it. It's kind of a big deal. :apple:

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
You could wind up like the guy who was mugged leaving an Apple Store with an iPad on launch day. The muggers tried to rip the bag out of his hand but it was tangled around his little finger. The result was he lost his finger. They caught the muggers, but it didn't help him at all.

TurdFerguson

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
O'side!
I'd rather lose a finger than lose my hard earned money in iPad form. I work ****ing hard and alot of my money goes to everything else and if I buy something for myself that is that expensive I would be very depressed. But if I lose a finger I would gain an awesome story.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I'd rather lose a finger than lose my hard earned money in iPad form. I work ****ing hard and alot of my money goes to everything else and if I buy something for myself that is that expensive I would be very depressed. But if I lose a finger I would gain an awesome story.

I'd rather lose a material thing, which can be replaced rather than a finger, which cannot be fully replaced.

mqguitar

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
it just screams rob me though. But hey if they steal the bag they dont know that i had to activate the phone and put it in my pocket :p

TurdFerguson

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
O'side!
I'd rather lose a material thing, which can be replaced rather than a finger, which cannot be fully replaced.

I've got 7 others. Plus I'm sure in a few decades I can get a robot finger replacement. Also I won't really have the $ to replace the iPhone or iPad, unless I can try and claim it on renters insurance.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State

Ok, money can be replaced. The iphone can be replaced. If you bought it with Amex, chances are Amex will replace it for you (or at least some peopel have had success that way). Your finger will be gone forever.

I'm actually hearing that Apple is doing away with plastic bags for good, I kind of like this concept. http://www.macnn.com/articles/09/03/09/apple.ditches.plastic.bags/

May not be a valid source but it sounds like a reasonable idea to me.

Good for them :).

readerbreader

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
i pre-ordered as well, but i plan on going by the store to see all the crazy people. so maybe i will ask for a bag. haha

fo0bar

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2009
I just found my iPhone bag from the 3G launch this weekend, actually. Perfect condition, and inside was the original white 3G box. Even more surprising was when I looked in the box, it contained a brand new iPhone 3G!

Just kidding. But it did include everything but the unit itself, still in wrapping: headphones (I don't care for earbuds), sync cable (I must be using the cable that came with my Nano), original documentation and even the :apple: stickers. I must have got home, took the phone out of the packaging, and never looked back.

bushbaby

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
SoCal
If I were going to pick up a phone from the store, I would bring a backpack. I would not want to tempt fate by flashing around an Apple bag that day. Seriously - consider it.

MDePew24

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2008
Ballwin, MO
I have the bag from the Original iPhone launch. It has the box from the original and my 3G in it. I got the 3G from my brother, so no bag for that.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
An iPhone bag thread?
facepalm.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.