Speck case for 17" Macbook Pro Unibody. Colours?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SPNarwhal, Jul 4, 2009.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Hey, I just had a quick question.

How long do you think it will be until Speck comes out with colours for their uMBP 17" cases?
    I've never had a laptop before so I never bought with Speck or had to wait on them to come out with a colour.
    How long do they usually take to release them?
    I know they could easily do it, I'm guessing they don't for selling purposes?
    But I don't really want to pay 50 dollars to buy a hard case now and then have them come out with blue and either buy another case or wish I had the blue.

Small thing, I guess. Just curious. :O

Thanks. :)

-SP :apple:

P.S: I already E-mailed Speck asking them about it and they responded saying something like "we don't have any information on new cases." or some junk.
    Thanks again.

2. Dpo33 macrumors newbie

i know this wont help you but id figure id post this anyways, apple doesn't even carry current ones for the new MBP lines of cases i tried to buy one when I bought my MBP

3. lhlee96 macrumors member

lhlee96

Incase over Speck

Personally, I think you would be much better off if you chose an InCase 17" Hardshell Case. I've had some troubles with the Speck case that caused some dust particles to get trapped under the case (and yes, I take out the case every week to clean it) and scratch the surface.

4. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Wait, InCase has made a shell for the 17" Unibody?

(or maybe i never said i had 17" earlier and they only made them for the smaller ones.)

mmm

5. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

I know for the new MBP 13 and 15 the new cases are due to come out for the new models in a couple of weeks. Not sure about the 17. You can watch their twitter if you want.

http://twitter.com/speckproducts

6. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

I'm waiting on the new SeeThru case for the 13" MBP but I did find a coupon code on the internet for Speck!!!! 50% OFF!!! devcamp50

7. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I don't know but I hope they have a dark blue color

Stop spamming threads, please.