Speck Fitted Arrived

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by h1r0ll3r, Aug 17, 2010.

1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Got my Speck Fitted Tartan case from Apple's free case program. Wasn't too thrilled initially with this case but after putting it on, not too shabby a case. Fit is pretty snug. I had Lucky Labs side decals on it and the case barely fit. In the process of taking the case off, I ruined my decals. The sides of the case are rubbery but smooth. Has a real nice texture to it. It provides enough grip when holding it but not too much that it'll be a lint magnet whenever you stick the phone in your pocket. The case also has a pretty big lip on the front so the "lay on the table" factor for this case is pretty good. I'd say the lip is around 2-3 millimeters? More like 2 but it's pretty significant either way. Wasn't a fan of the plaid cloth design on the back but I think it looks better in person. No flash issues with this and the cut outs are generous enough to accommodate third party products, i.e. headphones, chargers, cables, etc. While I wouldn't go so far as to say I'd pay retail for this case, since it was free, I think it's a great case and looks pretty good too. I'm still waiting for my Contour Showcase but this case should hold me over until then.

Attached Files:

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Any pics?

3. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

attached now :)

4. troop231 macrumors 603

Thanks!

5. gnychis macrumors 6502

so did it fit with the side decals OK? Would it fit nicely with a screen protector, you think?

6. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Barely. It pretty much ruined the set of Lucky Labs decals I had on it. Once I ripped those off :mad: the phone fit in pretty well. A little snug, but pretty well.

I have front and back protectors on my phone and the case went on without any issues.

7. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

How hard is it to separate the two pieces? From what I've heard it's not at all easy and I've seen some people snap the top part in two

8. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Not all that easy to be honest with you. I've been fiddling with this case for that past 5 minutes or so and haven't gotten it off yet :( I have managed to get the case off but I had to wedge a box cutter knife in between the two pieces. Still though, pretty sturdy case.

9. mzd macrumors 6502a

thanks for the review and great pics! i can't wait to get mine.
    honestly, i'm glad to hear that it is difficult to unsnap it. i've heard stories in the past of two-piece cases coming apart on impact and it sounds like that won't be a problem with this one.

10. scandalous sc macrumors newbie

Looks nice the wife is gonna love it when hers comes in.

11. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Follow up

Just to let everyone know. I took off the case a couple more times to clean my phone and I've noticed that the clips/prongs/whatever you want to call them, that hold the case together are starting to bend. Now the case doesn't quite fit quite as flush on the phone anymore. There is a slight bulge in one side of the case causing the case to not click into place anymore. I'd suggest that once you put the case on, it's best to leave it there and not remove the case too frequently.

12. Idgit macrumors 6502

Idgit

Strange. Mine is very easy to pry apart. It's a nice case, but the fit on mine isn't perfect. I doubt this case will last 6 months.

13. BadMoon macrumors 6502

This case blows. It ruins the flash. Now I can't take the damn thing off!

14. maniacphoner macrumors regular

From reading other people's reviews/comments of the Specks' Fitted case, this just won't work for iphones (PERIOD). I pass.

15. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Yeah what a mess. I still can't get this thing off! Haha!

16. bad angel macrumors member

bad angel

I received mine yesterday as well. I really like the look of the case but apparently the DecalGirl skin I have on my iPhone 4 is too thick and the case won't fit over it. :( I had one of the Speck Fitted cases for my 3GS and it still fit over a DecalGirl skin I had on that, so they've tightened up the fit a bit for this version, apparently.

17. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Got mine off. Broke one of the tabs in the process. So much for my free useless case. LOL!

18. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

"Without any issues" besides the fact that it appears to have made the front protector bubble on the right side, anyway. ;)

19. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

20. halisray macrumors regular

21. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

looks kind of feminine with the material and pattern but that being said, it looks nice.

22. fherjohn macrumors newbie

i cant take mine off either. oh well, it was free anyways, and i love how it looks.

23. bobright macrumors 601

24. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

With only a front skin on, my wifes wouldnt snap shut on the top left corner. I sent speck an email with some pictures and they are sending us a new one right away. They asked for the old one back so they could send it to their engineers for evaluation. If you are having any problems, the cases come with a 1 years warranty, and they seem to have great customer service. Just let them know if you are having any problems.

25. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Thanks for the advice. Never thought about that. Contacted them, sent them some pics and they said they'll send out another case. Unfortunately they didn't have my case in stock so they told me to pick out another one. This time around I went with the GeoMetric. We'll see how that one works out. :rolleyes: