Speck GeoMetric - DeathRock Black

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jerms5Io, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Jerms5Io macrumors member

I'm currently rocking a white iPhone 4 bumper, but that changes today! When I got home a few hours ago, I noticed that there was a small Fedex box resting on my doormat. I hurried out of the car anticipating what was in the iconic box. To my surprise, it was the Speck GeoMetric case I had ordered last Wednesday. The case looks great! It's a nice high quality TPU case that's a mixture of matte and glossy black. Here are some pics I took with my iPhone 4! Apologies in advanced for the badly taken snapshots. I'm terrible at taking photos! :p

Attached Files:

2. pikkashoe macrumors regular

That case looks nice.

The question everyone will be asking is, does it interfere with the flash?
    Also how bulky is it. Can you get a pic of it on the phone (using another camera).

3. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

I like this case :) Probably does affect flash but hopefully Speck will roll out an updated design like they are doing with the Candyshells.

1 question tho, Are the glossy parts fingerprint prone?

4. Jerms5Io thread starter macrumors member

I took a couple of test shots. I have attached the pictures to this post. I have also included pictures of the phone with the case on.

Attached Files:

5. Jerms5Io thread starter macrumors member

It does not affect the flash based on the first two shots I posted a few minutes ago.

To answer your question, yes. Not much of an eyesore though. here's a picture of fingerprints in sunlight.

Attached Files:

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I have one of these on the way from Speck, I chose this instead of waiting 2-3 weeks for my replacement Candyshell.

I really don't know what to make of this case, it looks cool, but I don't think I understand it really. lol Like what the material and how it feels. Can't wait to try it.

Is it rubbery? Could I fit it over a skin possibly?

7. Jerms5Io thread starter macrumors member

I believe it's TPU rubber/plastic and it feels tough. The angular backside of the case feels unlike any other case out in the market right now. I love the unique aspect of the case. It's rubbery, but like I said, it's tough. I don't know whether or not it's skin-friendly because I do not have one on my phone.

I hope this helped! Hope you get your case soon! :)

8. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your impressions, I've been on the fence with this case. Does the back feel strange with the raised areas? Do you think the shiny parts on the back will scratch like the candyshell does?

Thanks!

9. Jerms5Io thread starter macrumors member

Honestly, the raised areas you are referring to aren't even that raised. It'll feel weird at first, but you'll get used to it. Actually feels much natural to me now. I've had it for half the day and am loving it. The shiny plastic parts on the back are unfortunately prone to scratches, but I don't know about the CandyShell so I can't comment on that.

Cheers :)

10. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

11. Jerms5Io thread starter macrumors member

No problem! ;)

12. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

That case looks... just awful. Who are you, the lawnmower man?

13. Jerms5Io thread starter macrumors member

You're entitled to your own opinion. Not everyone will like this case.

14. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

This case is awesome! Very hard to understand in pics and really should be felt. OP you weren't kidding, it's a fantastic product.

It just arrived today and totally exceeded my expectations. Mainly because I really didn't know what to expect.

It feels great in the hand, it's sort of like a silicon but not really, not like the Iskin Solo either. Very interesting material and not a dust collector at all, goes in the pocket very easily. It's firm and sturdy yet bends for easy installs, but not droopy at all.

The raised parts feel great in the hand and like mentioned it's hardly raised.

Also happy to report this case fits perfectly over a full body skin, front back and sides.

Very impressed with this case and glad I got this instead of another Candyshell. So unique and just feels very nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Looks pretty cool. I definitely prefer this to the Candyshell.

16. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

Still waiting for the PixelSkin HD to become available in blue, but I have to say this case looks nicer in the photos here than on the Speck site.

Interesting that the shapes are different textures; on the Speck site photos it looks like it's all matte and just different colours.

[​IMG]

17. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

Can you confirm that it doesnt affect flash? I just want to be 100% sure before I buy this lol, Take a picture of something in the dark while standing a few feet away from it. Thanks :)

18. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Love the look of this, one q:

How much protection does it provide? Would it survive a few drops?

19. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

1). This case is durable and will absolutey protect the phone from a fall. It's very form fitting and feels like a premium material. The perfect thickness to still feel good in the hand and a nice lip for protecting the front. I've personally never felt a case like this, very nice to hold.

2) I'll test flash tonight. Though it's matte by the flash and there is a decent sized opening.

Hate to repeat myself but big fan of this material. Can't remember liking a case this much, I think because it's so different and unexpected.

20. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I actually like the look that case. Wish they were sold in the AT&T stores.

21. Jerms5Io thread starter macrumors member

Yeah. Speck did a terrible job (marketing-wise). They should consider hiring a professional photog to capture the true essence of their marvelous cases!

22. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

lol :p I really am liking this case lol Im so going to order it :D It's like Incipio's NGP matte but it adds a slight design so it doesnt look boring lol

23. pikkashoe macrumors regular

Ferris23, which screen protector do you have on the phone.
    So no issues with the case lifting the film???

24. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

It's a great-looking case actually. Very postmodern. I have a PixelSkin from Speck and I can tell the quality is consistently high throughout their line. I bet this thing looks a lot better in person than in pictures. Kinda like the iPhone 4 itself!

Looks like the HTC Diamond actually:

[​IMG]

25. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I knew it was familiar, forgot all about that phone.

I have Phantom Skinz matte on back and sides and a case mate clear screen shield on the front. This case won't lift up screen protecters. Like the candela shell it provides a slight raised wall over the screen, not a lip that really goes over it.