Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrNimziki

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2009
I have the Candyshell and am awaiting my updated one, but i think this looks pretty sweet and might just order it instead. I read in one review that if you lay the case on a table it'll wobble because of the raised areas...is this true?

PittsDriver

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
I have the candyshell, just received my Pixelskin HD in the mail today, and should have the Geometric tomorrow. I was waiting for a revised Candyshell but decided to have them send me a Geometric instead. Very excited to receive it!

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I have the Candyshell and am awaiting my updated one, but i think this looks pretty sweet and might just order it instead. I read in one review that if you lay the case on a table it'll wobble because of the raised areas...is this true?

Kind of but not really. I mean when you lay it on the back it is sturdy, you have to kind of push on it to get it to wobble. Not bad, but not flush either.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
so how's the signal performance?

I don't really have problems with signal but this case does what any other case does in low signal areas, lessens the attenuation caused by the users hand.

It's rubber on the side which is the best material to prevent conductive bridging of the antenna.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
is this a soft or hard case (like the candyshell)) ?

A little of both. It's softer and pliable, but not soft like silicone. The Candyshell is harder, but there are aspects on the back of this phone that are like the Candyshell.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Photo take with case off:

4819966658_cd37d63c95.jpg

Photo taken with case on:

4819346067_0e7675ffc8.jpg

Doesn't seem to interfere with the flash at all for me. These pictures were taken in a totally dark room. Iphone 4 flash FTW. :)

CJisohsocool

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2009
Photo take with case off:
Doesn't seem to interfere with the flash at all for me. These pictures were taken in a totally dark room. Iphone 4 flash FTW. :)

Try standing a few feet away, from what ive gathered from other posts, it doesnt affect the picture when its of something close.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Hey guys, for those who went with this case, how is it in comparison to the thickness of the candyshell? I just got a candyshell today finally and realize it is still the older version. Might just return this and go with this case, especially if it is a little less thick.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
Can't wait to get mine. It just looks absolutely gorgeous and I'll have a nice PowerSupport Crystal protector on their waiting for it's match made in heaven. :)

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Its a horrendous looking design!!

Its sending me mental just looking at it, its a very noisy busy design, very un soothing, look at it for more than a few minutes and you will have a fit.

pikkashoe

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Anyone have this case with an SGP or Switcheasy screen protector
Ferris has a phantom skins on his, but I want to see how the case works with static cling protectors. It looks similar in design to the pixelskin, and that one messes with my screen protector.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Anyone have this case with an SGP or Switcheasy screen protector
Ferris has a phantom skins on his, but I want to see how the case works with static cling protectors. It looks similar in design to the pixelskin, and that one messes with my screen protector.

I have a regular screen shield on the front of my phone now and it works fine. It's a case-mate clear screen protector.

Also a heads up I am selling my Geometric in the market place, PM me if interested. I'm just a bumper guy, as nice as the geo is I just don't use it.

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
I hate it...

I have a Speck Fitted case with a cracked bottom. I got the Speck GeoMetric as a warranty replacement.

I hate it! Apparently I don't like the feel of TPU cases. Also, I often use my iPhone flat on a table. You can't tell from the photos, but the back of this case is not flat. The points are raised. So when it's laying on a table and you press the home button, for example, the whole thing wobbles.

Fortunately my husband really liked this case, so I traded him for his Belkin Grip Vue.... which I sent to Belkin for the new revision.

So I'm still using my cracked Speck Fitted. :: sigh ::

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.