Specks new SeeThru cases 35%off only today!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SchneiderMan, Oct 13, 2009.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

4. donfishinghocke macrumors member

this isn't a contest lol, SpeckProducts twittered that they came out with a new case and they twittered the code for 35% off only today

5. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Cool. Been looking for a nice clear case design and love my speck candyshell. I placed an order and am going to try it out. I hope it doesn't watermark, but we shall see. :eek:

6. kicko macrumors 65816

I understand the case now, its like a clear candy shell.

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I ordered one with the 35% discount. I'm a CandyShell Case Ho, so I couldn't resist!

8. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I ordered one also, and it should be here today! I love my Otterbox commuter, but I still really like my Candyshells too, I hope this one is as good as my others.

9. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

I ordered one as well, hopefully it will be here by Friday. Please do post some photos/initial impressions, Jmacman78.

10. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Curious to hear what you all think of these. I love my Candy Shells but really like the idea of a translucent case, too...this sounds like the best of both worlds.

11. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

12. hsk macrumors regular

Two initial comments: One thing I like about the Candyshell is the soft, foam-like liner which is missing here and I bet the back will scratch up a bunch - my Batwing is all scratched up, so I would think it will look worse on this clear case.

13. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I won't get mine till next week. Anyone who gets it soon, please post impressions. Specifically, I am wondering if you will get the watermark effect with this case or not.

Thanks all.

14. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

Once I get home I will post pics and my first impressions.

15. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Damn. Missed out. They arent still holding the 35% off anymore are they? Just wondering if they extended the sale a few days by any chance.

16. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Code is not valid anymore and there are no codes available for speck right now.

17. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is, its basically the same thing as the Candyshells, except the rubbery inside is hard plastic instead and the rubbery parts are around the bezel and cover the buttons only.

The back has some watermarking but that might be cause of the BSE on the back, and its only around the camera. Overall I really do like it quite a bit. The BSE basic skin on the back of my phone doesn't cause any problems. The sleep/wake button is a little tough to push, the volume buttons are fine.

I'll have to use it for a while to see how well I really like it.

18. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

19. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Gah, that is awesome looking. I wish i had been able to take advantage of the special discount.

Does anyone know if these are in Apple stores yet?

20. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

21. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

I'm somewhat confused as to what type of material this is. Is it the same type as the iSkin Solo & Solo FX? Or is it a hard plastic?

22. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

It is hard plastic with the exception of the area around the chrome bezel which is rubber (similar to the Candyshells), also, the areas that cover the volume button, and sleep/wake button, and the cutouts for the headphone jack, sleep/wake switch are also that same rubber. It is a bit stretchy so you can slide the phone in.

23. kicko macrumors 65816

It looks pretty nice but i have always failed to see what the attraction is to a clear hard plastic case that will scratch up so easily. This will not protect as much as a candyshell.

24. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I like the look of the clear plastic, it will get scratched easily, however I have a black Candyshell and it is quite scratched also.

I think the scratches on the clear one will show a lot more over time than the Candyshells.

As far as protection, the Candyshells offer slightly better protection due to the full rubber inside that you don't get with this case.

Overall I like the case so far, but given the choice between this and a Candyshell, I would probably go for the Candyshell, I wish they would do them in even more colors.

The SeeThru cases look slightly thinner than the Candyshells too. I put them side by side and it looked that way to me.

25. detoxguy macrumors member

the real question is how much thinner than the candyshell is it? the candyshell is my favorite case by far but if it was a bit thinner it would be perfect