Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jmacman78

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Northwest, CT
Well...trying to take this case off, as directed by Speck might I add, the bottom corner where the rubber meets the plastic broke, the rubber basically came off the the hard plastic. the case still works fine, but I am sure this will get worse over time. Right now its really not bad, just a tiny spot on the corner.

I am very disappointed as I've only had the case for a couple days and that was the second time I tried to take it off. It is very difficult to get off the phone, more so than the Candyshells IMO.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Fyi - I have a 10% off code for Agent18, please try it and see if it works right now.

A18nir

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
My clear Candyshell was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. No watermarking whatsoever after being on since yesterday at 6pm. I really like the clean look of this case, but now I'm scared to take it off after the earlier post stating that one of the corners broke.

I think we all realize that the true CandyShells give better protection, but if you're looking for a clear hard case, this one is hard to beat.

It looks beautiful on a white 3G, and I don't think the scratches will show as much as on the black.

jillefresh

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2008
I just ordered one of these, and just so everyone knows, they're 50% off until Halloween! I'm glad I held out to order one.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
This is a really nice case. No watermarking to speak of. It does scratch up, but not too bad. However, I have only used it for a few days. I will say that it does seem to let dust in particularly around the cable connector area, which is very noticeable to me with my black iPhone. Also, if you like to change cases around frequently like I do, you may want to think a bit about this one as it is VERY hard to get off. Probably the most difficult one I have ever tried, and I have a ton of cases. Definitely more difficult than the candyshell, which is not that easy either. But all in all, a pretty nice case.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
In case anybody's interested, Speck has the clear and black ones 1/2 off through Halloween. I'm considering the clear one. REALLY want the pink, but it's a) on backorder, and b) not on sale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.