Spell checking in other language than system language?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Thrash911, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Thrash911 macrumors 6502

Thrash911

Hello people,

I live in Denmark. But I have my OS X running in english, because of two reasons. 1 - it's easier to search for help, should something go wrong. 2 - Danish looks STUPID when used in OS X. There are some weird translations, I tell you..... :rolleyes:

Spell checking in OS X (like in Mail and TextEdit), follows the language selected under 'International' in 'System Preferences'. So when I write some crap in danish, every word is underlined with red, because it's "spelled wrong"..

Question (sorry it took so long..): Can I have DANISH spell checking, while running OS X in english? Or even better Danish and English spell checking..?

EDIT: I use Leopard 10.5.2

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

While I am typing my reply in Safari...

In the Edit menu, "Spelling and Grammar", choose "Show Spelling and Grammar now" (or just Command - ":"). At the bottom of the menu there is a language menu - pick whatever language you like or multilingual. (Multilingual obviously has the problem that if your misspelt Danish word is by sheer coincidence the same as a correct German or English word, it won't find it).

3. Thrash911 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thrash911

Thanks a lot, I could have found that on my own.. I need to explore more.. :) The problem you mentioned is not a problem for me. The MAIN reason for this was because all the red lines annoyed the hell out of me.. I'm a good speller in both languages.. :)