Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rustyosaurus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
So my Air Skin arrived today for the iPhone 6. Wow, it really is thin. I had no idea that .4 would be like this. I also have an Spigen Thin Fit and I expected it to be just like that, only thinner.

This feels exactly like what those plastic folders are made out of. I understand now why this offers no drop protection.

Are all of the .35/.4 cases like this or are some of them actually more shell-like? Maybe this is the best you can get at this level of thinness.

Curious what the Caudabe Veil feels like in comparison.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
So my Air Skin arrived today for the iPhone 6. Wow, it really is thin. I had no idea that .4 would be like this. I also have an Spigen Thin Fit and I expected it to be just like that, only thinner.

This feels exactly like what those plastic folders are made out of. I understand now why this offers no drop protection.

Are all of the .35/.4 cases like this or are some of them actually more shell-like? Maybe this is the best you can get at this level of thinness.

What color did you get is it the Soft Clear one? Can you post a picture? I was curious how clear it actually is or if it's foggy like.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
I'm interested in pictures as well. I'm trying to decided between 3 of the really thin cases.

rustyosaurus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
What color did you get is it the Soft Clear one? Can you post a picture? I was curious how clear it actually is or if it's foggy like.

Since I'm getting a space gray phone, I got gray. That's exactly what it looks like - gray. It's supposed to be translucent, and maybe it is, but just looking at it looks like a medium color gray.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Since I'm getting a space gray phone, I got gray. That's exactly what it looks like - gray. It's supposed to be translucent, and maybe it is, but just looking at it looks like a medium color gray.

Can we see what it looks like? :)

rustyosaurus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
what i didn't realize is that it's so thin that it's actually bendy. it is stiff plastic, that is flexible. like i could bend it and i bet i would/could put a crease in it.

cjmal

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2007

I purchased Spigen's Thin Fit Case. It's thin but not to the point where you can bend it substantially. It definitely feels shell-like.

uDCohbM.jpg

FoccGqu.jpg

bQAHXJr.jpg

ntnwwnet

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2006
dPrmogF.jpg

My Spigen Air Skin ($16) arrived today and it's exactly what I wanted. It's an extremely slim case just like the Caudabe Veil ($15) case I had for my iPhone 5s.

If you're looking for a slim case, this is the one to get (at least for now). It looks like the iPhone 6 with this case will be thinner than a naked iPhone 5s.

Here's some quick pictures I took comparing it to my iPhone 5s:

QRFUAkY.jpg

FDOoYrd.jpg

VScTezI.jpg

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
Received my Spigen Air Skin case from Amazon yesterday; ended up buying the Soft Clear version. I bought it to have something temporary until my Sena Cases Heritage Ultraslim pouch ships, but I may leave it on if I end up liking it. With the exception of a few months with bumpers on my iPhone 4/4s, I've found I like using the phone without a case on it, but protected with a pouch when in my pocket.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Received my Spigen Air Skin case from Amazon yesterday; ended up buying the Soft Clear version. I bought it to have something temporary until my Sena Cases Heritage Ultraslim pouch ships, but I may leave it on if I end up liking it. With the exception of a few months with bumpers on my iPhone 4/4s, I've found I like using the phone without a case on it, but protected with a pouch when in my pocket.
That's the one Ive been wondering how translucent it looks, care to share some pictures please?

Maetzle

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
If it's only 0.4mm thick, does that mean the phone still lightly wobbles when placed on the back? Because the camera is protruding by how much, 0.8mm?

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
Here are a couple quick photos I took... the second one has my wife's gold iPhone 5s behind it to help show how transparent the case is.

Attachments

• IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    826.5 KB · Views: 4,670
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    732.7 KB · Views: 11,325

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Sweet thanks for the pictures, Storm. Looks good. I wish it were clearer but not as bad as I thought maybe I'll get one.

N54TT

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2013
with this case, does screen touch table when you put phone face down?

yes..it offers no screen protection when laying on the table...I never lay my screen down anyway....even with a screen protector on.

this is the gray air skin with spigen screen protector

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.