Spigen Air Skin

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rustyosaurus, Sep 17, 2014.

1. rustyosaurus macrumors regular

So my Air Skin arrived today for the iPhone 6. Wow, it really is thin. I had no idea that .4 would be like this. I also have an Spigen Thin Fit and I expected it to be just like that, only thinner.

This feels exactly like what those plastic folders are made out of. I understand now why this offers no drop protection.

Are all of the .35/.4 cases like this or are some of them actually more shell-like? Maybe this is the best you can get at this level of thinness.

Curious what the Caudabe Veil feels like in comparison.

2. bobright macrumors 601

What color did you get is it the Soft Clear one? Can you post a picture? I was curious how clear it actually is or if it's foggy like.

3. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

I'm interested in pictures as well. I'm trying to decided between 3 of the really thin cases.

4. rustyosaurus thread starter macrumors regular

Since I'm getting a space gray phone, I got gray. That's exactly what it looks like - gray. It's supposed to be translucent, and maybe it is, but just looking at it looks like a medium color gray.

5. bobright macrumors 601

Can we see what it looks like? :)

6. bobright macrumors 601

7. rustyosaurus thread starter macrumors regular

what i didn't realize is that it's so thin that it's actually bendy. it is stiff plastic, that is flexible. like i could bend it and i bet i would/could put a crease in it.

8. rustyosaurus thread starter macrumors regular

it actually does look translucent when you put something else under it.

https://imageshack.com/i/idmN7dwKj

9. bobright macrumors 601

Yup just not enough for me wish there was an actual crystal clear color would be on it quick.

10. cjmal macrumors 6502

I purchased Spigen's Thin Fit Case. It's thin but not to the point where you can bend it substantially. It definitely feels shell-like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. ntnwwnet macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

[​IMG]

My Spigen Air Skin ($16) arrived today and it's exactly what I wanted. It's an extremely slim case just like the Caudabe Veil ($15) case I had for my iPhone 5s.

If you're looking for a slim case, this is the one to get (at least for now). It looks like the iPhone 6 with this case will be thinner than a naked iPhone 5s.

Here's some quick pictures I took comparing it to my iPhone 5s:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Received my Spigen Air Skin case from Amazon yesterday; ended up buying the Soft Clear version. I bought it to have something temporary until my Sena Cases Heritage Ultraslim pouch ships, but I may leave it on if I end up liking it. With the exception of a few months with bumpers on my iPhone 4/4s, I've found I like using the phone without a case on it, but protected with a pouch when in my pocket.

13. bobright macrumors 601

That's the one Ive been wondering how translucent it looks, care to share some pictures please?

14. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Sure, I'll take a couple when I get home this evening.

15. bobright macrumors 601

Awesome thanks

16. Maetzle macrumors regular

Maetzle

If it's only 0.4mm thick, does that mean the phone still lightly wobbles when placed on the back? Because the camera is protruding by how much, 0.8mm?

17. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Here are a couple quick photos I took... the second one has my wife's gold iPhone 5s behind it to help show how transparent the case is.

Attached Files:

18. highertechnology macrumors 6502

Where did you get the matte clear one? I ordered from Amazon but wasnt shipping until 9-19. :mad:

19. bobright macrumors 601

Sweet thanks for the pictures, Storm. Looks good. I wish it were clearer but not as bad as I thought maybe I'll get one.

20. NightStorm macrumors 68000

I ordered on the 13th and it arrived a few days later via Amazon Prime.

21. Tgrey macrumors member

with this case, does screen touch table when you put phone face down?

22. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Going to go pickup my phone from the local UPS hub in an hour or two... will report back then!

23. N54TT macrumors member

yes..it offers no screen protection when laying on the table...I never lay my screen down anyway....even with a screen protector on.

this is the gray air skin with spigen screen protector

[​IMG]

24. bobright macrumors 601

Oh boy looks like a big gap, how does it feel when swiping from the edges? Can you feel the edges of the protector where it's an annoyance?