Spire Proxy Servers?

L4Leonard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
Lets list some Spire Proxys, shall we? Which one do you use? Anyone here who know/hosts a safe and reliable proxy? k thx bye

Senex

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
Northern Indiana, USA
The paradoxical side to this is that I wouldn't feel comfortable letting a complete stranger go through my phone, and as such I don't want my siri-related data going through a third party "server" hosted in some stranger's living room.

I was fortunate enough to have a friend share with me his own IP server for which he maintains the auth keys from a defunct 4S, but have been asked to keep that to a tight group.

I have a feeling proxies are going to be far more underground and private than published and pillaged by the masses.

wratran

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010
my wife has the 4S...
how do i use her phone as a proxy?
is there a tutorial?

tigerfan

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
I have been looking for someone with a 4S so I can get a private server set up on my webspace. Could turn into a quite lucrative business plan. :apple:

understando

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

So, how do you go about setting up a proxy server using Ubuntu?

I really have not much of a clue what I am doing but can learn. I do have a old spare CPU I could use to set up a proxy at my house. I have a friends permission to use her i4s key or what have you. If I could get this working I could maybe set something up for others too, not making any promises yet... Have to see what all it would entail.

But any help or knowledge or even link to start to learn would be appreciated!

AllyBez

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2012
Other people have said it does, so it's irrelevant to be a stuckup idiot because its a pay for service, most of them are pay for now. No point eliminating the possibilities of servers.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Well, I can't get any to work.

Meh, I still think it's cool my iPod Touch has Siri. If anyone has one that is currently working for them right now, let us know!

leefisher

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2010
Hi there any news on the Siri proxy you tested leefisher
Not yet. I've been having contact with the person though...

I mean, it's most likely a complete hoax but if it works then great, if not I've spent £5 to find out...

Adge30

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2012
Let's hope it's real,I've already been scammed out of £6 from one site called free spire proxy

leefisher

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2010
Let's hope it's real,I've already been scammed out of £6 from one site called free spire proxy
Turns out I'm sure it was a fake... the e-mail account doesn't exist anymore. Oh well!

EDIT: Also, the guy was clever. By stipulating that it had to be a gift in PayPal, it means that I can't open a case to claim the money back. I've got the bastards address though.. turns out he lives in Manchester too!

Last edited:

leefisher

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2010
why does all my app not work when Spire is installed? is there a fix for this?
This is a known problem. Apparently using the updated redsn0w versions help fix this, but having never experienced it I'm only going by what I've read. Are you on 5.0.1 untethered?

Selena Gomez

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2011
Turns out I'm sure it was a fake... the e-mail account doesn't exist anymore. Oh well!

EDIT: Also, the guy was clever. By stipulating that it had to be a gift in PayPal, it means that I can't open a case to claim the money back. I've got the bastards address though.. turns out he lives in Manchester too!
When I was about to buy one to test, I noticed it was a Donate button instead of the usual Paypal button. Then I looked up in google if donations could be disputed against. They can't unless you accidentally donated tue wrong amount. So I knew it was a scam right then and there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.