Spire Proxy Servers?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by L4Leonard, Dec 29, 2011.

1. L4Leonard macrumors regular

L4Leonard

Lets list some Spire Proxys, shall we? Which one do you use? Anyone here who know/hosts a safe and reliable proxy? k thx bye

2. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

pretty sure nobody is just gonna list there proxies they have or find.

3. Senex macrumors member

The paradoxical side to this is that I wouldn't feel comfortable letting a complete stranger go through my phone, and as such I don't want my siri-related data going through a third party "server" hosted in some stranger's living room.

I was fortunate enough to have a friend share with me his own IP server for which he maintains the auth keys from a defunct 4S, but have been asked to keep that to a tight group.

I have a feeling proxies are going to be far more underground and private than published and pillaged by the masses.

4. L4Leonard thread starter macrumors regular

L4Leonard

5. wratran macrumors regular

my wife has the 4S...
    how do i use her phone as a proxy?
    is there a tutorial?

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

7. Selena Gomez macrumors member

You need Linux Ubuntu

8. tigerfan macrumors newbie

I have been looking for someone with a 4S so I can get a private server set up on my webspace. Could turn into a quite lucrative business plan. :apple:

9. understando macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

So, how do you go about setting up a proxy server using Ubuntu?

I really have not much of a clue what I am doing but can learn. I do have a old spare CPU I could use to set up a proxy at my house. I have a friends permission to use her i4s key or what have you. If I could get this working I could maybe set something up for others too, not making any promises yet... Have to see what all it would entail.

But any help or knowledge or even link to start to learn would be appreciated!

10. Dragonfly26 macrumors newbie

11. AllyBez macrumors newbie

12. wratran macrumors regular

13. AllyBez macrumors newbie

Other people have said it does, so it's irrelevant to be a stuckup idiot because its a pay for service, most of them are pay for now. No point eliminating the possibilities of servers.

14. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Well, I can't get any to work.

Meh, I still think it's cool my iPod Touch has Siri. If anyone has one that is currently working for them right now, let us know!

15. leefisher macrumors newbie

I've just paid the £5 donation, so I'll let you know how it goes.

16. Adge30 macrumors newbie

Siri proxy

Hi there any news on the Siri proxy you tested leefisher

17. leefisher macrumors newbie

Not yet. I've been having contact with the person though...

I mean, it's most likely a complete hoax but if it works then great, if not I've spent £5 to find out...

18. Adge30 macrumors newbie

Let's hope it's real,I've already been scammed out of £6 from one site called free spire proxy

19. Selena Gomez macrumors member

Watch my video in my signature to see what a working Spire proxy should do

20. leefisher, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012

leefisher macrumors newbie

Turns out I'm sure it was a fake... the e-mail account doesn't exist anymore. Oh well!

EDIT: Also, the guy was clever. By stipulating that it had to be a gift in PayPal, it means that I can't open a case to claim the money back. I've got the bastards address though.. turns out he lives in Manchester too!

21. Alveezy macrumors regular

why does all my app not work when Spire is installed? is there a fix for this?

22. leefisher macrumors newbie

This is a known problem. Apparently using the updated redsn0w versions help fix this, but having never experienced it I'm only going by what I've read. Are you on 5.0.1 untethered?

23. Selena Gomez macrumors member

When I was about to buy one to test, I noticed it was a Donate button instead of the usual Paypal button. Then I looked up in google if donations could be disputed against. They can't unless you accidentally donated tue wrong amount. So I knew it was a scam right then and there.