Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wirenut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
I have about 50 people listed in my Contacts list on my iPhone (which is synced on my iMac and iPad). They are all friends and family.

I use the same phone/number for my small business in which I have approximate 200 customers and it increases everyday. I do not have those customers contacts on my iPhone because I didn't want them intermingled with my personal contacts.

Is there a way to maintain 2 separate Contact lists so that I could scroll down just my personal contacts and keep them separate? I remember looking into this years ago but found that there were some issues with it.

Wirenut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
Thanks.

I'm trying to think what the negative thing was that stopped me from doing this a while back.

Can I add a contact to either group on the iPhone? Does it need iTunes to do some options?

Also, is there a way to import a couple hundred contacts from an excel spreadsheet?

Wirenut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
jav6454, thanks for the reply. I have done some searching around in the meantime and saw a couple things said about not being able to put contacts into different groups on the iPhone, that it had to be cone on the computer. Has that changed recently?

Wirenut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
I see, thanks.

How do you put an existing contact into a group?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.