Split iPod Buyers Guide

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 9, 2000
Greetings MR!

I was just perusing the MR Buyer's Guide, and I noticed a flaw. The "iPod" Buyer's Guide is very misleading as it does not break down to different models. It is now obvious, after looking at the "Days Since Update" that it has become far too confusing. This flaw has already been recognized as the Special Notes section already includes the following message:
MacRumors Buyer's Guide said:
The iPod has been split over multiple model lines now, so this release log isn't entirely accurate. The iPod Shuffle is clearly a Buy Now recommendation. The iPod Mini and regular iPod are less clear. We may have to split these releases to get a clearer picture.

('special notes' last updated on February 10, 2005)
However, it has not yet been resolved. I was hoping that this thread may help begin the process in breaking it down into subcategories.

Attachments

witness

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
michaelrjohnson said:
Greetings MR!

I was just perusing the MR Buyer's Guide, and I noticed a flaw. The "iPod" Buyer's Guide is very misleading as it does not break down to different models. It is now obvious, after looking at the "Days Since Update" that it has become far too confusing. This flaw has already been recognized as the Special Notes section already includes the following message: However, it has not yet been resolved. I was hoping that this thread may help begin the process in breaking it down into subcategories.
I agree, it would make more sense to have 3: shuffle, mini and iPod.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
There was already a similar thread but it was Wastelanded... I wonder if the mods simply don't appreciate this?

::edit:: Arn hath spoken!

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
devilot76 said:
There was already a similar thread but it was Wastelanded... I wonder if the mods simply don't appreciate this?

::edit:: Arn hath spoken!
I think the poster in the other thread just didn't really care. It's a good idea that has been brought of a couple of times. We just have to remember that the people running this site have lives that aren't always Mac-related. They do their best and we have to appreciate it.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 9, 2000
Thanks Arn!

I think this is just one of those "for the good of the community" things. I really appreciate your initative! Thanks in advance (from MR)!