Spoiler-Free Keynote tomorrow??

ciberkarlos

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Hi, i want to know if you are going to open a spoiler-free post with a link of the tomorrow's keynote like other times. It's very useful!!

Thank you!!

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Out of curiosity, what is a "spoiler-free" keynote? It seems like they wouldn't really be able to report what is happening if they can't say what is being announced?

I'm not trolling or being negative, I'm just trying to understand the difference.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Out of curiosity, what is a "spoiler-free" keynote? It seems like they wouldn't really be able to report what is happening if they can't say what is being announced?

I'm not trolling or being negative, I'm just trying to understand the difference.
I'm with you, WHAT?!?

Last edited:

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
I think you can see a spoiler-free macrumors front page, if that's what you're looking for. But I also agree, it'd be a little hard to write about a product keynote without giving anything away...you might be better off just catching the video after. Apple usually posts them on their site at some point.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
In the past, MacRumors would post a "Play-By-Play" account of the Key-Note. Is that what the OP is talking about? If you want "Spoiler-Free", don't log on to MacRumors tomorrow and wait for Apple.com to post the video.

ejisfun

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Generally, MR posts a link to a story that has no links on the side or anything, and all it has a link to apple's video once it is posted. Then a person can go to the Keynote without getting info along the way and watch the keynote without knowing anything beforehand.

GubbyMan

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2011
What are you guys talking about? Every keynote, at least for the last 2 years I've been here have had a spoiler-free thread where people can talk about things and waste time until the video for the keynote is released on Apple's site. I'm also waitig for MR to put a spoiler-free thread here. I want to see them present the new products and not just read about it. It usually takes about 3 hours, which is nothing compared to the time we've been waiting so far. :D

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
I've been hoping to see this on the site as well. It was such a great and convenient thing during the last iPhone launch in October. I even wrote an email to arn asking if the site would or could have such a page for tomorrow's announcement.

It's simple: Keep away from the news (and most of the internet) tomorrow until the late afternoon or early evening, keeping an eye on the spoiler-free page waiting for it to be updated with a link to the keynote video.

I think it's a lot more entertaining to learn about everything from the keynote itself rather than articles and live-blogs beforehand.

ciberkarlos

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
are you guys new to the site or something?

every event macrumors has a page where it keeps all the news away from and you can bookmark it and when the keynote video is put up by apple the page updated, therefore you can watch the keynote without it being spoiled.

here is a past years for an example http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/03/spoiler-free-lets-talk-iphone-video-stream/
Thank you very much, this exactly what i'm talking about, maybe i should say "spoiler-free post" instead of "spoiler free keynote". I can't follow the keynote tomorrow, so i want a spoiler-free post with a link to the full keynote, like other times.

It would be very nice!

Thank you!

B Gallagher

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2008
New Zealand
Thank you very much, this exactly what i'm talking about, maybe i should say "spoiler-free post" instead of "spoiler free keynote". I can't follow the keynote tomorrow, so i want a spoiler-free post with a link to the full keynote, like other times.

It would be very nice!

Thank you!
http://www.apple.com/apple-events/ would likely be where they'll post the Keynote. I would just keep checking that every once in a while.

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Thank you, B Gallagher! I also thought of just subscribing to their podcast in iTunes (just search for "apple keynotes" in the iTunes store), but I didn't know for sure if they added to iTunes as soon as they post to their website. Probably more likely that it will show up on that Events page just as soon as on the main Apple page.

I can also just, you know, ask someone I know if they can send me a direct link whenever it gets posted. The MacRumors spoiler-free page was just so much the easiest option.

B Gallagher

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2008
New Zealand
Thank you, B Gallagher! I also thought of just subscribing to their podcast in iTunes (just search for "apple keynotes" in the iTunes store), but I didn't know for sure if they added to iTunes as soon as they post to their website. Probably more likely that it will show up on that Events page just as soon as on the main Apple page.

I can also just, you know, ask someone I know if they can send me a direct link whenever it gets posted. The MacRumors spoiler-free page was just so much the easiest option.
Agreed on all counts. I've subscribed to the Apple Keynotes podcast as well, but from memory there's a bit of a delay between the video being posted to the website to it being added to the podcast stream.

PCClone

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2010

You post the same old rehashed rumors until the keynote is online.

falcora

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2011
I think that i'm going to go spoiler free this year. I have a lab class I have to be at, so I think i'm just going to put my iPhone and iPad in airplane mode (block out all messages and internet notifications) and then catch the keynote when I get home.

snarestud940

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2012
I think that i'm going to go spoiler free this year. I have a lab class I have to be at, so I think i'm just going to put my iPhone and iPad in airplane mode (block out all messages and internet notifications) and then catch the keynote when I get home.
I'm doing this same thing. I have a Tissue Culture lab class from 11-2 Eastern Time so hopefully by the time I get home, I can watch the key note. It is scheduled at 1 pm on the East coast. Do you guys think it will be online by 3 pm?

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I'm doing this same thing. I have a Tissue Culture lab class from 11-2 Eastern Time so hopefully by the time I get home, I can watch the key note. It is scheduled at 1 pm on the East coast. Do you guys think it will be online by 3 pm?

3:00 might be a little optimistic. From what i remember they usually go up at around 5.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
I think you can see a spoiler-free macrumors front page, if that's what you're looking for. But I also agree, it'd be a little hard to write about a product keynote without giving anything away...you might be better off just catching the video after. Apple usually posts them on their site at some point.
Yeah, we wouldn't want the live blog to let us know what's going on at the event they're live blogging from, god forbid.

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Yeah, we wouldn't want the live blog to let us know what's going on at the event they're live blogging from, god forbid.
"12:14pm: The auditorium floor is surprisingly sticky.

12:16pm: Everybody just started cheering. Person right next to me just went "woooh!" really really loudly. Gave him a good glare. Pretty sure he saw it. Hopefully he won't do it again.

12:17pm: Currently trying my best to hold in a sneeze…"

hypotc

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
I also want a spoiler free newspost, like the one we had in October! :)