Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Now that the event is over and we know that they sell the Milanese Loop for $149, I guess we can indeed buy it and put it on the Sport? Or will the connector on the loop not work with the Sport?

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
It will work.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I'll be saving for it then, and get it after I get the actual watch. I'm so stoked, but wish I didn't have to wait all the way till April 24. At least we can actually see it in person on the 10th.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
It will work.

How do you know it will work. There is absolutely nothing that confirms the Sport edition can use any band besides the sport bands. From the sound of the keynote, and what is available on Apple.com it appears not to be the case.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
How do you know it will work. There is absolutely nothing that confirms the Sport edition can use any band besides the sport bands. From the sound of the keynote, and what is available on Apple.com it appears not to be the case.

Thats true. I guess I can't count on it until you can actually ask employees once the watch is out. I have a feeling the only higher end band compatible with the sport will be the leather loop. $149 is a lot for me to spend on a band anyway.

matt9013

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2013
Straps go by size. A 38mm watch will be able to fit and use ALL 38mm straps. same for 42mm.

It's all over the Apple store and has been talked to death since the event.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Straps go by size. A 38mm watch will be able to fit and use ALL 38mm straps. same for 42mm.

It's all over the Apple store and has been talked to death since the event.

I also noticed on Apple.com it says in the Apple Watch section of the store, when you scroll down to "Accesorize with more bands" it says:
"Personalize Apple Watch Sport or Apple Watch with additional bands. Choose from unique styles in three beautiful materials."
This to me implies that ALL the bands available to buy can be used to personalize either the SS OR the Sport.

hobbbz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2005
all bands are 'compatible'. Some will look horrid. The sport has a different finish than all the bands.

Milanese loop could cost $150 separately

oooooohhhhh daddy was so right

----------

I also noticed on Apple.com it says in the Apple Watch section of the store, when you scroll down to "Accesorize with more bands" it says:
"Personalize Apple Watch Sport or Apple Watch with additional bands. Choose from unique styles in three beautiful materials."
This to me implies that ALL the bands available to buy can be used to personalize either the SS OR the Sport.

Leather, steel, rubber. band materials.

BMox81

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2014
United Kingdom
Sport Watch/Milanese Loop

Anyone think this is a viable combo?

Thinking of laying down come cashola for the Loop but not sure if the SS loop holders look out of place.

Could anyone who has an appointment try this combo please and post up some pics?

WJKramer

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
Well they won't let you swap bands at the try on however I am interested in this myself for the wife and maybe a link band for me. I much preferred the Matt finish of the aluminum over the SS.

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Actually I just came back from my try on and the rep was incredibly accommodating. I literally tried every combo, swapped bands, and even put a 42 on a 38 cause they didn't have all models. Happy to answer more questions but quickly on yours:

This may be obvious but the space grey looks ugly with everything but the black sport band. At least the other sport bands look decent.

The sport looks fine with all bands that do not have a polished finish (sport, leather loop)

The sport looks ok with Milanese band because the chrome finish melts always between the steel band and alum colors. It's noticeable something is off when you look close but I felt it was fine if you don't mind knowing that.

Don't think sport looked good with classic buckle. Mismatched too pronounced.

refslady

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Thawing North
Can't find the post but someone who did their try on appointment said the sales rep confirmed that sport watch shouldn't be used with SS bands because of the metal mix issue.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
I purchased the space grey sport and picked up the loop band. To me the contrast of the grey with silver band will make it pop more. All in all this device does offer the fashion part allowing you to basically design how you want to wear it. I'll mix and match whatever bands I want for my own individual tastes. To me I don't care if someone says the loop doesn't look good on the sport, if it works for me.. stick with it!

metacove1

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2014
Mockup from Photoshop:
This is a mockup of the space gray sport 42mm with the milanese band.
42sport_milanese.jpg

Milanese Loop
In this picture.... Notice that the milanese loop adapter is a brushed steel (not shiny) as it mates with the watch. It is only shiny on the very edge of the adapter. When looking down at it you will see a nice brushed steel loook. I think this will pair well with the sport models.

IMG_1393.JPG

staticz

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2014
I mixed the silver sport with Milanese loop and I think it looks great. See my video below. This one is a 38mm because I have small wrists. What do you guys think?

http://youtu.be/afX-Y1e7_5A

At some angles you can hardly see a difference. Seems as though the stainless finish sort of disappears between the loop and the case of the sport.

Hmm I may cancel my black sport band in favor of the Milanese! I bought a 38mm white sport, but was afraid to mix bands without seeing them first.

Thank you for the video!

PLamarine

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
Central MA
From my try-on appointment here is the milanese on a Space grey sport. I like it! I ordered a milanese so I will have this exact combo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.