Spotify Premium Extends Free Trial Period to Three Months, Matching Apple Music

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Spotify today announced that it is extending its free-trial period for Spotify Premium to three months, up from the previous one month that users would have to try out the paid service. With this extension, Spotify and Apple Music now offer the same amount of free trial time before customers have to pay for the music streaming services.

In its blog post on the announcement, Spotify confirmed that the offer will last for the foreseeable future and is "not limited time." Users across the globe will gain access to the three month free trial period, including Individual and Student Plans, all starting today.

The three month free trial is only open to new users, and is not available to those who have already tried Spotify Premium. You can find more information about the announcement in Spotify's blog post.

Article Link: Spotify Premium Extends Free Trial Period to Three Months, Matching Apple Music

Plutonius

macrumors 604
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
In the long run, I still don't think that Spotify can compete since they don't have any significant income streams besides the music streaming.

Some bigger company (not Apple) with multiple income streams will eventually buy Spotify out.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
3 months for $1 is how Spotify got me in. At that point, they had my credit card already so staying in the $10/month premium was easier than leaving.

Not that I regret it. I could have quit just as easily as I changed to the $15/month family plan two years after that.