springflash problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by carguy0625, Aug 3, 2010.

1. carguy0625 macrumors newbie

I've been trying to install springflash from cydia onto my iphone 4 but I keep getting an error that says "Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed." and it says the dependency I need is gsc.camera-flash. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Well...I am not trying to insult you, but do you have a iPhone 4? lol

3. carguy0625 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep.

From the original post.

"I've been trying to install springflash from cydia onto my iphone 4"

4. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

I've seen this twice now and I'd love to know the answer later.

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

6. carguy0625 thread starter macrumors newbie

reinstalling cydia? springflash isn't installed if that is what you are saying to reinstall. I've rebooted and resprung several times now and the problem still persists.

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

i meant reinstall the app.

this problem is weird but it happens to alot of people.

8. thep33t macrumors regular

the problem is not that the app will not run, it is that the app will not install at all. Sounds like a repository problem, but not certain on that.

9. PA722565 macrumors newbie

Had the same issue. The flash needs to be used at least once to active it. Once that is done, you can return to cydia and the dependency will be gone.

10. carguy0625 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've used the flash on the camera several times and used a flashlight program from the app store several times and it still says it can't install.

11. dtesta macrumors newbie

I had it installed, but I uninstalled it for awhile. But now I cannot get it to reinstall, and am having this issue. Running the flash does not correct the problem.

I had a similar issue when trying to install Signal. It had several required dependencies that it could not find too, but randomly the issues with it went away (possibly after one of the restarts of my phone) and the app installed without any trouble.

Perhaps this is an issue related to the jailbreak on the iPhone 4

12. mrgoat macrumors newbie

[solved]

I had a flashlight program installed that was causing my error. Try to remove any flashlight apps you have, then install. :D

13. NocturnalEVO macrumors member

Nope, that doesn't solve it.

I j/removed a flashlight app, and it still won't install. Still the same error.

14. carguy0625 thread starter macrumors newbie

I removed the flashlight program I had on it, which was LED Light for iPhone 4 Free by Jason Ting, and it is still not letting me install it and showing this

[​IMG]

15. carguy0625 thread starter macrumors newbie

16. mrgoat macrumors newbie

do a hard reboot and then try

Hold home ans power buttons until phone powers off then :apple: comes on screen

17. carguy0625 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done several hard reboots. I think I'm going to sync then restore and try to jailbreak again and see if that fixes it.

18. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You just need to install the gnc-camera-flash extension. There is another thread here about this with instructions on how to fix this.

19. Versalite macrumors newbie

does restoring and jailbreaking again works? I can't use springflash even if i install it using iFile. i see it in my settings but the activator doesnt work. and in cydia, it is highlighted in red.

anyone know how to fix this?

20. geko29 macrumors 6502

Remove any other flashlight apps you have, then reboot (the reboot is critical). You should then be able to install SpringFlash. I put Flashlight back on after making sure SpringFlash was working, haven't checked to see if a reboot now breaks it.

21. XSilverJ macrumors newbie

I use my home button with a short hold to turn it on/off.. very convenient and almost flashlight feeling. But heres my problem with it, does anybody elses shut off after a short period of time? I wish it would just stay on until I decided to shut if off so I wouldn't have to re-turn it on every 10-15 seconds.

22. carguy0625 thread starter macrumors newbie

23. telarmago macrumors member

Yes! It even crashes my phone - my phone will restart after the light turns off. Ridiculous.

Edit: It only crashes if the main screen is turned off. For now, I'll just unlock, turn it on, and keep the screen on too. No biggie, although being able to activate flashlight without unlocking would obviously be better.

24. bripab007 macrumors 6502

I have mine set to activate after volume down-up when at lock screen. That way I don't have to unlock my phone just to turn it on.

25. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

Has anyone found a fix for the problem of the flash turning off on its own when activated from the lockscreen?

It seems as if the phone goes to sleep and this turns off the LED. Is there any way to keep the LED until manually switched off even when the phone's display turns off?