Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carguy0625

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I've been trying to install springflash from cydia onto my iphone 4 but I keep getting an error that says "Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed." and it says the dependency I need is gsc.camera-flash. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

carguy0625

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Yep.

From the original post.

"I've been trying to install springflash from cydia onto my iphone 4"

carguy0625

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
reinstalling cydia? springflash isn't installed if that is what you are saying to reinstall. I've rebooted and resprung several times now and the problem still persists.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
reinstalling cydia? springflash isn't installed if that is what you are saying to reinstall. I've rebooted and resprung several times now and the problem still persists.

i meant reinstall the app.

this problem is weird but it happens to alot of people.

thep33t

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
the problem is not that the app will not run, it is that the app will not install at all. Sounds like a repository problem, but not certain on that.

PA722565

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010
Had the same issue. The flash needs to be used at least once to active it. Once that is done, you can return to cydia and the dependency will be gone.

carguy0625

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I've used the flash on the camera several times and used a flashlight program from the app store several times and it still says it can't install.

dtesta

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010
I had it installed, but I uninstalled it for awhile. But now I cannot get it to reinstall, and am having this issue. Running the flash does not correct the problem.

I had a similar issue when trying to install Signal. It had several required dependencies that it could not find too, but randomly the issues with it went away (possibly after one of the restarts of my phone) and the app installed without any trouble.

Perhaps this is an issue related to the jailbreak on the iPhone 4

mrgoat

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2008
[solved]

I had a flashlight program installed that was causing my error. Try to remove any flashlight apps you have, then install. :D

NocturnalEVO

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
I had a flashlight program installed that was causing my error. Try to remove any flashlight apps you have, then install. :D

Nope, that doesn't solve it.

I j/removed a flashlight app, and it still won't install. Still the same error.

carguy0625

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I removed the flashlight program I had on it, which was LED Light for iPhone 4 Free by Jason Ting, and it is still not letting me install it and showing this

photou.png

carguy0625

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I have done several hard reboots. I think I'm going to sync then restore and try to jailbreak again and see if that fixes it.

Versalite

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010
I have done several hard reboots. I think I'm going to sync then restore and try to jailbreak again and see if that fixes it.

does restoring and jailbreaking again works? I can't use springflash even if i install it using iFile. i see it in my settings but the activator doesnt work. and in cydia, it is highlighted in red.

anyone know how to fix this?

geko29

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2008
Remove any other flashlight apps you have, then reboot (the reboot is critical). You should then be able to install SpringFlash. I put Flashlight back on after making sure SpringFlash was working, haven't checked to see if a reboot now breaks it.

XSilverJ

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
I use my home button with a short hold to turn it on/off.. very convenient and almost flashlight feeling. But heres my problem with it, does anybody elses shut off after a short period of time? I wish it would just stay on until I decided to shut if off so I wouldn't have to re-turn it on every 10-15 seconds.

telarmago

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
I use my home button with a short hold to turn it on/off.. very convenient and almost flashlight feeling. But heres my problem with it, does anybody elses shut off after a short period of time? I wish it would just stay on until I decided to shut if off so I wouldn't have to re-turn it on every 10-15 seconds.

Yes! It even crashes my phone - my phone will restart after the light turns off. Ridiculous.

Edit: It only crashes if the main screen is turned off. For now, I'll just unlock, turn it on, and keep the screen on too. No biggie, although being able to activate flashlight without unlocking would obviously be better.

bripab007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2009
I have mine set to activate after volume down-up when at lock screen. That way I don't have to unlock my phone just to turn it on.

iPhone Addict

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Has anyone found a fix for the problem of the flash turning off on its own when activated from the lockscreen?

It seems as if the phone goes to sleep and this turns off the LED. Is there any way to keep the LED until manually switched off even when the phone's display turns off?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.