Sprint 3G is a joke, I'm done

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cdaddy112, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Cdaddy112 macrumors member

.12mbps??? Are they joking? As my girlfriends brand new 4s from AT&T is getting 4.5 to 5.0 Mbps right next to me, AT&T here I come

2. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Sprint is without a doubt the worst carrier. You might save a few dollars over Verizon, but the quality of the product is so much worse. Do yourself a favor and walk away within the 30 day trial period.

3. f00f macrumors 65816

Sprint isn't prepared to deal with the network slamming this device is going to abuse them with.

4. Cdaddy112 thread starter macrumors member

Exactly, I tried to save a few bucks, but what good is unlimited data that is slower than dial-up

5. ma1234 macrumors newbie

6. Wnt2bsleepin macrumors newbie

Depends on your area. I have decent enough speeds where I live.

7. Cdaddy112 thread starter macrumors member

Are they getting these same ridiculous so called 3G speeds?

8. Kauai macrumors 6502a

It's odd. While I'm getting around 0.4 and 0.5mbps on average, I was able to stream a HD Youtube video with minimal buffering and browsing is perfectly fast.

Hmm... My cousin's 4mbps on AT&T did make me jealous, but I think I'll be fine until either the 5s (assuming) gets LTE or I'll just switch to AT&T then assuming it almost certainly will get 42mbps HSPA+.

9. f00f macrumors 65816

So what you're saying is Spring is prepared to deal with Android users and the god-knows-how-many iPhone users they'll be onboarding?

10. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I have AT&T, and really don't hate it at all.

It's turned into one of those things where one person says something negative, and then the next person follows, and so on and so forth, until it's completely convoluted. Someone said AT&T sucked, and it has since become this stigma in society and the media that AT&T is the devil's spawn.

AT&T is quite fast, and it's actually cheaper than Verizon, although with some spotty coverage in certain places. That being said, sometimes my AT&T phone gets better service than Verizon phones.

Just my opinion.

11. aberrero macrumors 6502a

No, they all have WiMax 4G.

12. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

As mentioned above, the hatred of AT&T is a bit over dramatic. While their customer service sometimes isn't great, and they had quite a few activation issues on launch day, their service has always been excellent for me. If I'm not mistaken, they also have the fastest 3G data available. And rarely do I ever not have service, but that just depends on where you live.

13. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I've had ATT for years, well over eight. I've rarely had an issue. I've also had Sprint, I'll never go back. Their coverage is terrible compared to ATT and VZ. You may save $10 a month, but your phone doesn't work. $10 is two cups of coffee from Starbucks for some.

I'll stick with ATT.

14. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

I have to agree. I was a vzw customer who switched for the original iPhone. IMO, both carriers have excellent service in Philadelphia and it's suburbs. I thought the switch to ATT would have some road bumps, but I have been happy with the call quality and data speed, at a cheaper price to boot.

I totally understand that this is highly dependent upon location.

15. aberrero macrumors 6502a

Having our family plan on Sprint instead of Verizon saves us something like $200 a month. As far as coverage goes, if you lose Sprint service it automatically switches over to Verizon for calls, although you don't get 3G data when roaming.

16. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

at&t dropped the ball bigtime with my pre-order i won't lie. it pissed me off fiercely lol.

HOWEVEr, their data speeds have always wowed me, i always get great speeds. faster than my wifi sometimes.

17. coolweirdo macrumors regular

coolweirdo

My sprint data is sooo freakin slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live In Orlando There is no reason why my data speed should be this slow here!!! I tried to download an app took almost 30 min, siri is alway unable to connect due to slow data, i totally feel so stupid for switching from verizon.

18. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

Sprint bashing is a cool thing right now.... I just tested my 4S with anothers Verizon and mine was faster... But if your phone is slow, switch networks and dont you DARE go over 2GB..

19. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

What if all those new Sprint iPhone customers returned and cancelled their plans because of this? I think Sprint should say something because I believe some customers went to Sprint from the promise of unlimited data.

20. tajam macrumors newbie

my iphone 4s is getting around 1mb down, however I also have a nexus s (4g shut off), and it is getting 2.3 mb down.... odd

both on sprint

21. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

At least you don't have to suffer with EDGE on T-mobile.

Be glad with 3G on sprint.

22. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Sprint is probably getting slammed. At the apple store today they were sold out of Sprint but had plenty of AT&T and Verizon phones.

23. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

The best I got so far.

I admit AT&T is faster, but to me saving money by joining my parents sprint plan is worth it to me.

Attached Files:

24. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

I was considering switching from Verizon to them just for the unlimited data, but not worth it if the service sucks.

25. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Really depends on the area you live in. With me on while I was AT&T, I would have to go outside my house to talk on the phone. Plus all the dropped calls were horrendous. I'm getting 5 bars at my house with Sprint compared to 1 or 2 with AT&T.

Yeah the data speeds on Sprint are much slower but I can live with it.