Sprint iPhone 5S shipping thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ayemerica, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

Please list below,

Time you ordered:
    Color:
    Size:
    Status/ETA , etc.

I was on the phone with Sprint for 2 hours today. The stores around me received on average a handful of phones and costumers had to be turned away from the Apple store in the willow grove mall (PA) since they received " un usual " amount less than the other three carriers. After being on the phone the sales associate escalated me to his manager to address my concerns. He said that Sprint inventory was extremely strained and that most stores will be trickling in orders through out the coming weeks. I ordered my phone while talking to him and he said it could take up to three weeks before it ships do to constraints. I asked if this was to cover themselves and he said we give time based on what we see in inventory and what we project we are going to be getting.

I think either A sprint was allotted less phones or B Sprint's shipments did not come in on time. I went to three best buys and they had yet to even receive any sprint iphone 5s let alone 5c's. Ok end of my talk, post below.

2. cdcrowell macrumors 6502

cdcrowell

I ordered @2:45 cst space grey 32gb and mine has already shipped.hopefully I'll get it Monday or tues

3. Porsche060 macrumors newbie

I ordered online at 347am. The online ordering started then, it did not start at 3am. I ordered within 2min a 64gb Gold Iphone. Went from 1-2days to up to 3 weeks to up to 6 weeks. So basically screwed.

4. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

I hate Sprint.

Had their "unlimited plan" for my whole family.

My work place has spotty Sprint coverage but the salesman assured that they're actively expanding in that region. Besides, I'd be covered by antennas from other providers in the meanwhile.

3 months later I got a warning that I was exceeding my monthly roaming allowance on my "unlimited" plan. They explained that, while they don't charge for excessive use on an unlimited plan - they do reserve the right to terminate my plan. They advised shutting off roaming data and voice on my phone in order to prevent future violations.

Unfortunately this meant my phone was useless at work. I left the data and voice on and just tried to budget my time. Last week they sent me a notice of termination in 2 weeks.

I talked to the kind salesperson who said he was powerless. I talked to CS who "apologized" and said that the decision was made by a separate department and they were powerless to reverse the decision. They would not forward me to any representative of that department but assured me that my concerns will be relayed up the chain and said to have a nice day.

Sprint is not my friend.

5. calibrationx, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

calibrationx macrumors member

Ordered at 6:34AM EST.

16GB Space Gray.

Only thing it says is "up to 3 weeks" :mad:

EDIT: Nevermind, shows shipped with a tracking number :)

6. Ayemerica thread starter macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

I'm having the same thing " up too 3 weeks "

I don't want to give you any false sense of hope but i ordered at 11am EST. When I was asking about 3 weeks the CSR basically said this was to be safe and that anyone ordering through the weekend will be told this. BUT if ordered early enough in the day it will be closer to 2 weeks.

7. calibrationx macrumors member

Check your status again; mine just updated.

8. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Ordered 2AM CST via Apple store.

16GB Space gray

Went through without a hitch. Shipping in 1-3 days and currently processing.

9. EstaVidaLoca macrumors regular

Considering that Sprint is crap they might have done you a favor.

10. Ayemerica thread starter macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

Still in processing. You ordered 4 hours before me. I hope it doesn't take 3 weeks, 2 weeks i'll sit by but if its 3 i might cancel and look in the field. What did your status get updated to?

11. calibrationx macrumors member

"Your order has been shipped. Click on the shipping tracking number to track the progress of your order.Please note, it may take up to 24 business hours for your tracking number to be active. Please allow 2-5 days for delivery.Any requests to add or remove services have been completed."

12. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

I didn't want to confound the rant by bringing that up, but you're right. I went to Sprint from AT&T thinking I was getting rid of the "Dropouts."
    Guess what?
    I still got dropouts. The only difference is that AT&T dropouts happened only at specific places. Sprint dropouts happened randomly and could occur anywhere. Signal was also crappy. AT&T was better ... plus I had the ability to use voice and data simultaneously with AT&T which was very convenient - I could hold a conversation while googling information.
    I took solace in that I was paying much less at Sprint for an unlimited plan...

... well you know the rest.

13. Ayemerica thread starter macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

Honestly it's hit or miss with Sprint. On this site it's going to be a resounding "miss" in a lot of peoples books. I am sorry you had a miserable time with Sprint. they are in the process up updating over 38,000 towers with LTE and improved 3G. Verizon and ATT are ahead of what sprint is doing with their infrastructure. When Sprint's backbone catches up with their CS and business model they will be a great provider...until then you are going to get a lot of up in the air opinions depending on the area.

14. yeahright macrumors member

ordered 12.22pst 16gb gold . received email 2-3 weeks. Now the status says 4-6 weeks

15. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

I'm not going to try to convince happy Sprint customers to think otherwise but ...

I can fault their salesmen who were pushing the product so hard they promised that Sprint LTE would be at the town I worked by January - and that it would support simultaneous voice and data. Shame on me for not checking the facts but I was in a trusting mood that day.

It's September and I was still getting most of my service through different carriers.

I can fault their business model which has the salesmen telling me flat out that they have no leverage with CS to negotiate on my behalf to restore services. Then CS for saying they had no power to restore my services either.

I can fault the business for marketing an "Unlimited Plan" with fine print that matters a lot to a small minority of victims, like myself.

It's a bad business model.

Everyone likes their car while it's running. It's when it breaks down when a company shows where its priorities lie.

But I'm not here to convince you. I wish you many, many years of trouble-free unlimited data.

16. SantaRosa2.2 macrumors regular

SantaRosa2.2

A little distressed now...I ordered as soon a the site went live last night, had my order completed by 12:04 PST.

I got the email immediately saying it would be up to 3 weeks.

Now I too have the order status as follows:

IPHONE 5S GOLD 16GB KIT 1 2013-09-20
    Status: Thank you for your order. The iPhone 5s order will ship in 4 to 6 weeks from order date. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Please continue to check ww.sprint.com/myorder for the latest shipping information.

:mad::mad::mad:

17. Aggie88 macrumors newbie

Ordered at 2:52AM (time of email confirming order)
    Gray 64GB

Confirmation email says up to 3 weeks but the order status says "your order or portion of your order is awaiting at the warehouse. Please allow 2-5 business days for delivery."

It did say 1-3 days earlier in the day if I remember correctly.

18. EM2013 macrumors 6502a

EM2013

Fyi this is a sprint iphone 5s shipping thread, not a rant about your sprint service thread.

----------

Good thing I didn't order from sprint's website

19. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

You're right.

I just got carried away because it just happened.

Cheers.

20. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

Just ported my number over to AT&T from Sprint... It's like night and day comparing the two carriers!

21. Aggie88 macrumors newbie

Just got the email from Sprint saying my phone is shipping "Overnight: Next Day PM". UPS site is saying Tuesday.

22. Ayemerica thread starter macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

good or bad?

23. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

Good lol

24. SantaRosa2.2 macrumors regular

SantaRosa2.2

Must be nice... I'm guessing it's Space gray?

25. Aggie88 macrumors newbie

Yes, it is the space grey version. I thought about the gold but prefer the grey/black.