Sprint iPhone Confirmed?

ty7u5

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
The other day I was at my local Sprint store, and who I am almost positive was the manager, told me (when I asked about iPhone) that the Sprint iPhone was pretty much a done deal and that if I really wanted an iPhone, that I should not get an Android, and hold of for the iPhone release in early fall.
Thoughts/opinions?

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
iPhone on Sprint? Eventually, yes.
iPhone on Sprint this fall? Highly doubt it, but possible.
Do I believe the manager? No.

Those on the bottom rung of the ladder will know things last.

Apple...

macrumors 68020
May 6, 2010
The United States
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's possible we'll see one this fall, but other than that, no one outside of Apple, Sprint corporate knows.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
The other day I was at my local Sprint store, and who I am almost positive was the manager, told me (when I asked about iPhone) that the Sprint iPhone was pretty much a done deal and that if I really wanted an iPhone, that I should not get an Android, and hold of for the iPhone release in early fall.
Thoughts/opinions?
Manager knows as much as you or me.

flipster

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Boston
Lol, my aunt is a manager for Verizon, and she knows just as much as they tell her, in fact, I know more than her when it comes to release dates, and pricing plans. She didn't even know they were going tiered until 2 weeks later when it became public! Just goes to show that most managers know just as much as us people. Thank god for Engadget, BGR and Macrumors!

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
There are strong rumors to support the claim Sprint is getting a future iPhone. The latest is that they will get the iPhone5 couple months after the initial carriers release first. Sept/Oct worldwide release, and December for Sprint is "rumors" I have heard recently.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Not to be rude, but customer service representatives are often misinformed. There's no possible way that he would know about this unless 1) he works for the highest sector at Apple or 2) he went to the factories in China and got some information from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.