Sprint iPhone Confirmed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ty7u5, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ty7u5 macrumors member

The other day I was at my local Sprint store, and who I am almost positive was the manager, told me (when I asked about iPhone) that the Sprint iPhone was pretty much a done deal and that if I really wanted an iPhone, that I should not get an Android, and hold of for the iPhone release in early fall.
    Thoughts/opinions?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Doesn't mean a thing till Apple says so! ;) Sprint Manger is just guessing/hoping.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

iPhone on Sprint? Eventually, yes.
    iPhone on Sprint this fall? Highly doubt it, but possible.
    Do I believe the manager? No.

Those on the bottom rung of the ladder will know things last.

4. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Sounds like the manager was simply going off of the same rumors that we all are.

5. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's possible we'll see one this fall, but other than that, no one outside of Apple, Sprint corporate knows.

6. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Manager knows as much as you or me.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

8. flipster macrumors 6502a

Lol, my aunt is a manager for Verizon, and she knows just as much as they tell her, in fact, I know more than her when it comes to release dates, and pricing plans. She didn't even know they were going tiered until 2 weeks later when it became public! Just goes to show that most managers know just as much as us people. Thank god for Engadget, BGR and Macrumors!

9. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

There are strong rumors to support the claim Sprint is getting a future iPhone. The latest is that they will get the iPhone5 couple months after the initial carriers release first. Sept/Oct worldwide release, and December for Sprint is "rumors" I have heard recently.

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Not to be rude, but customer service representatives are often misinformed. There's no possible way that he would know about this unless 1) he works for the highest sector at Apple or 2) he went to the factories in China and got some information from there.

11. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal