Sprint iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacBallin22, May 30, 2011.

1. MacBallin22 macrumors member

hello everyone!

Just catching up on some rumors when I came across one saying that a possible sprint iphone (4gs) could be release on sprint in september! Being a long time sprint fan I must say I'm super excited but don't want to give my hopes up. My contract is up in August and was wondering what I should do. If anyone has some legit info on whenever or not this rumor will become a reality then PLEASE share it with me lol. Hopefully the iphone will come on all carriers so that everyone is a winner!

Cheers

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

No one has info about anything Apple does beside a very few people at Apple (and Sprint if its about a Sprint iPhone). not to burst your bubble, but they've been saying that there would be a Verizon iPhone since day one, but it didn't come out for a few years. Your contract is up in August, so I'm not even sure why you are concerned right now. By the time your contract ends, there most probably will be a new iPhone so whether it works on Sprint or not .. thats for time to tell.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Rumors are rumors until they are fact. You'll have to wait and see like the rest of us! :p

4. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Why can't people figure this out on their own? Why do people on the Internet have to tell you how to think?

Rumors are rumors until you see an actually press conference.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Noone knows.
    They will tell what carriers it will be on when its officially announced.
    Then you will know that for at least a year till the next iphone if Sprint or Tmobile will get it or not.

6. Internal Fury macrumors 6502

7. tekker macrumors regular

8. openendstraight macrumors regular

openendstraight

I guess I don't understand. Your contract is up in August, so just wait and see. You don't have to be under contract, once your contract expires you stay under the same terms, the only real difference is no ET fee.

9. almac04 macrumors member

wow, an iPhone (4) on the sprint network would be bananas...:eek: for one, i personally believe that sprint has some of the best price plans, not the greatest service but the price plans fit most ppl's budget. My wife has the EVO 4G, and I have the vzw iPhone and she pays less than $100 for basically the same services I have, voice & data. If one could combine the coverage of verizon, with the price plan of sprint along with the data/voice capabilities of At&t, and put them into an iPhone 4, IMO, all other devices would be rendered obsolete. Aside from that, an iphone on virtually all carriers would definitely affect the sales of other devices/companies and im more than sure the FTC would have something to say about that (like good job = At&t tmobile meger) but really HTC, samsung, nokia, etc would more than likely feel the loss. face it, the iPhone is awesome and the sprint network would probably welcome it with open arms...

10. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

I asked my Sprint rep last month, and he has been spot with release dates and devices the last two years, 100% guessed every Android phone release date and spec's, same with Windows Phones and the Pre.

He says YES, Sprint is getting the iPhone for sure. Did not know when though, but said the next release they will also be getting it, similar to Verizon CDMA version.

11. MacBallin22 thread starter macrumors member

wow thats awesome to hear thanks for the info! Like most of us though, its only wishful thinking at this point.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Don't take a few random posts on the internet as the gospel truth.

13. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Apple needs Sprint. It will help them keep their numbers up.

14. MacBallin22 thread starter macrumors member

I agreed to. Does Verizon and ATT have exclusive contracts that doesnt allow sprint or tmobile to have the iphone? Is it a network issue?

15. hcho3 macrumors 68030

ATT is going to swallow T-mobile, so T-mobile users will get iphone sooner or later. Sprint is a very definitely story.

16. MacBallin22 thread starter macrumors member

17. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

No news, but it just seems likely that, due to the cessation of the exclusivity agreement, we will see the iPhone on multiple carriers other than Verizon and AT&T.

18. macinnv macrumors regular

I could see it go either way. Sprint and T-Mobile would easily bring at least million units in iPhone sales each without having to do much work. I would also assume the ATT iPhone will carry T-Mobiles bands assuming a merger goes through without trouble. However T-Mobile and Sprint don't have the best reputation and are looked at as the 'poor mans carrier' - not an image Apple wants in it's home country.

It would also put a dent in Androids growth - much of their growth in the US are on those carriers. Though I don't know how much Apple cares about Androids growth.

19. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

I think I might switch over to Sprint, poor mans carrier or not. They have the best plans, best prices, and unlimited data. AT$T is truly a corrupt telecom after the fiasco they are pulling on us unlimited data customers in Oct. I hope AT$T execs fall off their multimillion dollar yachts and get eaten by sharks.:mad:

20. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Guess it depends on your usage level:
    - I rarely use minutes, if I do its nights / weekends
    - I get unlimited texting for free with google voice
    - I am surrounded by wifi, so I use less than 200mb of data a month
    - I want the iPhone

Based on these 4 factors I'd much rather go with ATT.

If I went with Sprint I would be paying an extra $600 over a 2-year contract than I would with ATT ($80/mo with Sprint vs $55/mo with ATT) AND I wouldn't have the iPhone :(

Those are pretty big negatives imo.

Only reason I could see going with Sprint is ATT had crappy coverage in your area or if your the type to stream netflix & pandora all day. Eventually though Sprint will throttle their unlimited data abusers just like Verizon / ATT / T-mobile / Virgin Mobile (a Sprint subsidiary) already do...