Sprint manager says iPhone 5 coming out in December. WTF??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lshin037, Oct 20, 2011.

1. lshin037 macrumors newbie

A friend of mine was talking to a manager in Sprint about a few issues and upgrade options. This manager told her that the iphone 4s is available now while the iphone 5 is coming out in December. I asked her multiple times if she didnt just misunderstand him (4th gen vs 5th gen) and she confirmed that it's what he said. I shrugged it off as her misunderstand him but the part about being released in December is what caught me. Is there something being release in december from Apple or Sprint? Or would Apple release another iphone just two months after the previous release?

2. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

3. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Ignore it.

First, there's no way any mid-level lackey is going to know what Apple is planning. And second, there's no way Apple would release a new handset just two months after the 4S.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

A manager at Sprint or anyone that works for Sprint knows absolutely zero about the next iphone.
    End thread.

5. DaIfoneboss macrumors regular

possibly the dumbest manager ever, speaking out of their asses, their asscheeks are speaking all you hear is farts.

6. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

It was funny though.Needed an uplift after no joy with delivery yet.

7. fins831 macrumors 6502a

The iphone 5 will be LTE...and since qualcomms smaller LTE chips aren't being mass produced til Q2 2012, and apple has dibs on millions of those, i'd wager their prototypes now have a few of them and testing...

so why would sprint release a wi-max version especially when all the people who wanted them already upgraded or signed up....they wouldn't....sprint manager is talked out his ass..

8. ap3604 macrumors 68000

ZOMG an Att manager just told me that the iPhone 5 is coming out in November!!! :rolleyes:

9. lshin037 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I figured. AT&T is good at keeping a tight lip about upcoming releases and dare not talk about unannounced Apple products but Sprint is new to the iphone game so maybe thats' what happened. thanks

10. AJsAWiz, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

LOL
    Oh, sorry maybe you weren't kidding

11. Doc69 macrumors 6502

I actually don't think this sounds so crazy. Remember the previous rumor that Sprint had made a $20B deal with Apple to get EXCLUSIVITY on the next iPhone. I wouldn't be surprised if that was true.

As I'm pretty sure Apple wants the iPhone 5 to be 4G, then Sprint could release the first 4G (WiMax) iPhone 5 in a few months, and then LTE versions could follow later on AT&T and Verizon for their yearly upgrade cycles.

12. Devil Dog 21 macrumors newbie

I happen to live 5 minutes from the Sprint Campus and no several individuals in product testing/development that work at HQ and they know about all upcoming phone releases EXCEPT they were all kept in the dark about the 4 and 4S. I highly doubt any retail store MGR has any clue what they are talking about with regards to any product AAPL is launching.

13. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The sooner the iPhone 5 comes out the better!:p

14. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

except sprint is moving away from WiMax to LTE. i don't see apple jumping on a sinking ship like wimax.

15. lshin037 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its all good. But no, I wasnt kidding. I was pretty much interrogating her about this.

16. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That's complete junk and it would have been pointless for them to make a 4S only to release an iphone 5 then. Consider even if they had one that could be launched at that time, they'd still probably sit on it and make an announcement at Macworld 2012. Right now they have a recently updated model going into the holiday season. I don't think they have anything to worry about.

17. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

It's Sprint, talk to someone else and you'll probably get told that they do not and will not ever carry an iPhone!

18. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

19. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

20. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Sprint has no credibility with the iPhone. They have to earn some clout before they are even allowed to be in rumor discussions. Having an iPhone for a week definitely does not justify those ridiculous claims by a Sprint manager. Next iPhone will be LTE and 1st quarter are when those chips will be in mass production.

21. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

Is she hot?

22. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

If Apple came out with an iPhone 5 in December there would be about 4 million very unhappy customers.

23. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

that's where i stopped reading :)

24. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm personally waiting for the iPhone 5S in February.