Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PerplexShyt

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
a manager at sprint promising an iphone 5 is coming out is like katie courick promising the NBA lockout will end next week

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
5th iPhone

OMG, but the iPhone 4S IS the 5th iPhone!

So it really IS the iPhone 5! I knew it ;)

----------

If Apple came out with an iPhone 5 in December there would be about 4 million very unhappy customers.

The product/model or service escapes me but remember when folks bought an Apple product and shortly after Apple brought out something new. And the masses got very angry. Then Apple issued credits and even AMEX stepped up to the plate and gave their customers money back. Help me out . . . Somebody please :eek:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Obviously this "manager" hasn't a clue what they're talking about.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
I was at NAPA auto parts last week and started talking about phones… The parts guy even said that the iPhone 5 is coming out in December. I KID YOU NOT! It must be true.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I was at NAPA auto parts last week and started talking about phones… The parts guy even said that the iPhone 5 is coming out in December. I KID YOU NOT! It must be true.

My local burger king manager said the same. So now both Napa and BK confirm it so there's gotta be something there.
I also asked her multiple times to make sure I didnt misunderstand and without a doubt she said yes.

lshin037

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2009
Update

This manager is seriously a joke. My friend called back and asked to speak to the same manager. She questioned him about the source of his info on the iPhone 5 release in December. He put her on hold and when he got back on he apologized about the wrong info...but get this....he didn't apologize about referring to the iPhone 5...he said the iPhone 5 is being released in June of 2012. And I thought ATT customer service was a joke....

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Well the rules out Sprint. But what about the parts guy at NAPA and the manager at BurgerKing? Still very likely to happen if you ask me! I'm holding my breath!

whiskeyvol

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011

1440620_o.gif

napa_know_how.gif

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
This manager is seriously a joke. My friend called back and asked to speak to the same manager. She questioned him about the source of his info on the iPhone 5 release in December. He put her on hold and when he got back on he apologized about the wrong info...but get this....he didn't apologize about referring to the iPhone 5...he said the iPhone 5 is being released in June of 2012.

Lesson learned OP... don't be so gullible next time ;)

raremage

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Orlando, Florida
This manager is seriously a joke. My friend called back and asked to speak to the same manager. She questioned him about the source of his info on the iPhone 5 release in December. He put her on hold and when he got back on he apologized about the wrong info...but get this....he didn't apologize about referring to the iPhone 5...he said the iPhone 5 is being released in June of 2012. And I thought ATT customer service was a joke....

He probably verified the June date with the pimply-faced student working at the next kiosk. Why would that guy lie?

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I don't know what to think. But a December release is idiotic.

Why? You want to release it 1-2 months before the holidays start.

The timing doesn't make any business sense.

lshin037

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2009
Lesson learned OP... don't be so gullible next time ;)

I just couldn't believe something like that would come out of a manager from Sprint. Even a small company like C Spire Wireless didn't leak out their plans for the iPhone.

bjett92

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
Indy, IN
That's what I figured. AT&T is good at keeping a tight lip about upcoming releases and dare not talk about unannounced Apple products but Sprint is new to the iphone game so maybe thats' what happened. thanks

AT&T is not tight lip about anything, they literally know nothing. Apple does not tell any of their carriers details about any of the iPhones.

And they got this manager position how? He is a complete idiot, and I would go ahead and let him know.

Last edited:

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
It's my understanding that Jobs did offer short term (60 days) exclusivity of the iPhone 5 to Sprint in order to close the deal. No specific date was established. Only an estimate of mid March 2012. Wimax was not included.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
It's my understanding that Jobs did offer short term (60 days) exclusivity of the iPhone 5 to Sprint in order to close the deal. No specific date was established. Only an estimate of mid March 2012. Wimax was not included.

No way that happened. Sprint needed the iPhone, Apple did not need Sprint.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.