Sprint will never have an iPhone will it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Johnny Steps, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

With Verizon now going to limited Data and AT&T already doing the same, I don't think I'll ever change unless I want to pay a lot. I've with my Dad's Sprint plan since 9th grade, and when the iPhone was originally released I've always wanted one. But now it seems really expensive to maintain one.

There's no news of Sprint ever getting it huh? I would imagine they would at least get an iPhone 3GS so they could somewhat compete with the other companies even further now since AT&T will be merging T-Mobile with it...

Anywho... thanks for any help and information anyone can provide.

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Expensive to maintain? Yes. But never say never. I'm sure sometime in the near future, Sprint will finally limp in with their own iPhone offering.

3. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Like I don't mind paying the $299 for the device because it's reasonable for everything is offers. However what I enjoy the most is how it will be fast with browsing the internet... but not worth it when 10GB will cost $80.

And I hope so, if not, well I guess I'll get that new Nexus phone or something..

4. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

5. Centient macrumors 6502

I think Sprint will definitely be getting an iPhone. Sooner than later. Very recently Apple hired or was hiring people to work in Kansas City (Sprint headquarters) to do some testing I believe.

Apple needs to be in as many places as possible and Sprint is out there waiting with open arms. Not to mention Sprint and Hesse seem like good potential partners.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Noone knows for sure but my guess is the next iphone will be on all carriers including Tmobile and Sprint USA.

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

With the exclusivity contract up, I think the iPhone will reach most carriers.

8. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Right, now that the ball is solely in Apples court it only serves to their advantage to offer it on as many carriers as possible. But many things have to happen before they're willing to just pop it on another carrier.

9. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Such as? I'm not disagreeing with you or being disrespectful. Just curious! :D