Sprints improvement on their network

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jay7872, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Jay7872 macrumors newbie

So it's pretty obvious speed on the sprint network came to a halt once the iPhones were released to the masses. I was getting speeds of .3 down .1 up even at times .0 for both using speedtest.net. I am happy to report that as of today I tested the 3G service around the city and got consistent speed of 1.5mbps down and 1.3 up.

Does anyone know if either sprint actually made adjustments to its network or is the speed increase due to the masses abandoning sprints iPhone and their network after seeing such horrific speeds?

I have sprint because it's the best bang for your buck. And with my 20% employee discount it's even more affordable than the other carriers. Also sprint has fantastic coverage ( voice call) wise in my area

2. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

We'll just have to wait and see. Sprint's network is severely over capacity in many areas, so this isn't going to be exactly an overnight change.

4. W1MRK macrumors 6502

I hope good answers come out on this. My friend has a non apple phone on the sprint network and says it fly's at 4g speeds. Would be interesting to know exactly what happened