square trade question - iphone 3GS w/ pic!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vivithemage, Jun 7, 2011.

1. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

The GF's phone fell on to the floor (about 2.3 feet) and shattered the screen. It still works, but is pretty much done. We got the squaretrade ADH, and was wondering, will they just pay $$, or replace the screen and send it back?

Anyone have experience with this, and what resolutions people got?

[​IMG]

2. bassett700 macrumors member

bassett700

Squaretrade wasn't able to give you an answer? ;) They might be the quickest and most reliable source. I have 10+ warranties with them. The contract for the one cell phone I have warrantied says,

"How the coverage works:

Reimbursements: Often times, reimbursing you the full cost of the item is faster and more cost-effective. If your item's shippable, we will provide you with a pre-paid shipping label. We generally pay claims (minus the minimum postage fee for the label) within 3-5 business days of item receipt.

For items still covered by a manufacturer warranty at the time of claim: First, we will help you file a claim with your manufacturer by locating their contact information.

If the manufacturer replaces or repairs your item, your SquareTrade Care Plan will cover your manufacturer repaired or replaced item.

If the manufacturer refuses to honor their warranty because they consider your item grey market or not purchased from an authorized retailer, we will still cover you.

If we decide to repair, here's how the coverage works:

For Shippable Items: We will give you a pre-paid shipping label (for laptops and TVs, we will mail you a shipping kit to ensure item safety). Once you've shipped your item to our service depot, we will repair it within 3-5 days and then ship it back to you at no cost to you. Laptops get express shipment both to and from our depot.

For Desktop Computers, Televisions 37 inches+ and Large Appliances: We will help you schedule an appointment with a local repair facility for in-home service and we will pay the repair facility directly."

3. dave420 macrumors 65816

Last time I contacted them about a broken screen in my 2007 model iPhone I was told that they would fix the screen and send it back.

4. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I found out all they would do is replace the glass.

I had her take it to Apple ... they swapped the phone for her, niiice.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Was the phone in or out of warranty? I ask because I need to get a replacement for my 3GS however it is out of warranty.

6. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

It had 60 days left.

7. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

wait they just swapped it for a broken screen? or you had to pay a fee?

8. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

My GF said they swapped the screen on site .. took less then 10 minutes. She verified, gave me the SN before and after.

9. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

wow thats awesome i know they are great with defects but never heard of them replacing a screen for user error.

10. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I have once or twice on here ... which I was I told her to try it first, before paying $50 for squaretrade to do it!

11. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

12. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

13. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

So you have a broken phone and the first place you come is here instead of calling your insurance company or apple? Interesting.....

14. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I already made the order through squaretrade, I was just wondering what the norm was for squaretrade... no need to assume I came here first.