"Stand" doesn't get recorded on the watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by johnkim, Apr 26, 2015.

1. johnkim macrumors member

Everytime I get a reminder to stand up, I get up and move around for 1-2 min but it doesn't always seem to register my "stand". Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

Someone said I need to press OK first and then stand up, so I did that as well, but that doesn't do it either.. Any suggestions?

2. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

Do you wait for it to tell you that you've stood long enough? Definitely seems to take 2-3 minutes before I get that notification (and it doesn't give me a tap or anything) it will just appear on my screen after I've completed it.

3. johnkim thread starter macrumors member

Oh, nope.. maybe I should wait for that next time. I'll let you know in the next hour. :p Thanks!

4. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Strange.

Mine is exactly one minute and then taps me to tell me I've finished the minute.

5. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

That's good that it takes a couple of minutes. I would think simply standing up and sitting right back down isn't much more than stretching your legs while still sitting.

6. johnkim thread starter macrumors member

Ok I didn't know that you have to wait until it tells me that I've finished a minute. I just kind of counted up to a minute in my mind then sat down. I'll try that. Thanks.

7. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

No problem. After a minute (maybe slight longer) it will tap you and you'll see this on the screen:

Attached Files:

8. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

My watch told me I had been standing for 10 hours whine it had only been maybe an hour or two lol.

9. shandyman Suspended

Sometimes it takes more than a minute for me.

10. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I've noticed that I need to hold my arm down by my side to get credit for the stand. If I hold my arm up like I'm carrying something it won't always count it.

11. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

The stand detection is buggy as all hell. Ive tried standing up, walking around for two mins, and it still does nothing. I can't get away from my computer for longer than that.

If this keeps up I'm turning the feature off, its making me mad.

12. rhyme macrumors regular

rhyme

It means that you stood and moved a bit for at least a minute during each of those ten hours. You might have been sitting for the other 59 minutes.

----------

I've had that happen a couple of times, too. If the goal were 10 hours, a small error rate wouldn't matter, but when it's 12, it's hard to meet the goal if it misses a couple of hours.

13. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Ahh that makes sense- thanks!

14. johnkim thread starter macrumors member

Yeah... so it doesn't work for me..
    I got the message two times this morning and I got up instantly and stayed up for a few minutes, but both times I wasn't able to get the "You did it!" message :(

15. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

When you say you "got up" did you literally just stand in place? Or did you stand and walk around for a minute?

16. shandyman Suspended

"Stand" doesn't get recorded on the watch?

You have to walk around too.....

Edit: beaten. That's what I get for pausing to get a snack! Lol

17. johnkim thread starter macrumors member

lol I think that must have been it. I just got the notification again and walked around the office and got the message after about a minute. Thanks!

18. Daku93 macrumors regular

Yes, that is what you need to do. You can actually continue sitting, but let your arm hang down, and it will register as standing :rolleyes:

19. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

It looks like if you prop you head/chin on your hand with the watch it will think you're standing as well. Its the orientation. (its a reminder that you should not sit so much. even if it does not alert you, get up and move around during the day you will feel better)

20. akrimmer macrumors member

I have the exact opposite issue. I have been sitting pretty much all day at work and it has recorded that I have been standing for 6 hours. :confused:

21. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

If you keep your hand in the air it will think you're standing. If you lay it flat like you do for keyboard use it should notify you. Can't speak for what its doing but it should notice your have not moved around.

22. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It's not saying that you've been standing for six hours. It says that you've stood up and walked around for at least one minute during a total of six hours today.

23. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

If the watch could berate me for getting a snack, we'd REALLY be on to something.

The only place I can really wander to is the vending machine so...

24. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

This is one of the features not working for me, I don't really care, but it drives my OCD crazy. There is a definite bug here for sure that affects a few people.

----------

Not only that, I simply do not get any stand reminders either. :(

25. pjschmid macrumors member

No stand reminders or credit

I just got my watch today and the stand isn't working for me either. I haven't gotten one stand reminder and even though it has recorded steps there has been no credit for stand at all. I want to love my watch but have not been having much luck with the features. :(