Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rizvi1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Maryland
I don't know definitively but I would assume the policy is the same as new Macs... If returned unopened = no restocking fee; if returned open = restocking fee.

Hopefully another one comes up for you! I was stoked when I saw it. Been watching the refurbs for the last 3 weeks several times per day and never saw that config once and then my money for school came through and literally as soon as I noticed the money was available I checked the refurbs and that config was there! I had just checked refurbs about a half hour prior to the money going into my account and nothing. It was like a sign!:D

Fedex shows it will be delivered tomorrow before 3pm! Yay!

awesome.. will give it a few more tries. Got notice in am that shipping was delayed but I think it's shipped now.did you also put on a printer? w/ the $100 rebate it would end up being free. I'm just going to ebay mine and take what I get for it

Rizvi1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Maryland
On this site, you can setup email notifications for when certain configurations show up in the refurb store: http://www.refurbishedmacbookdeals.com/

thanks mcfly2. Settings saved for http://www.refurbishedmacbookdeals.com/apple-us/macbookpro/G0J43LL/A
G0J43LL/A - Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core i5
15.4-inch LED-backlit antiglare Hi-Res widescreen display (1680 x 1050 pixel)
4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
320GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics pro
@$1649

Email Alerts are running.

Return to My Favs
My Fav Setup
I want to Add G0J43LL/A To My Favs Page.
Email Alert Setup
I want to get an Email alert when G0J43LL/A becomes available.
I want to get an Email alert when G0J43LL/A's has a price drop.
Save Successful!
Logout

It's been out of stock since 9/14 so I don't feel too bad about missing it because I think that's right before I started getting serious about getting the new macbook pro. If it comes in within the next few days, it'll be perfect. Otherwise, I'll have to make due w/ my better-but-don't-think-worth-$350-more(at-least-to-me) macbook pro

Rizvi1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Maryland
^ The inbetween model w/ hi-res is in stock:

Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core i5
15.4-inch LED-backlit antiglare Hi-Res widescreen display (1680 x 1050 pixel)
4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
500GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics processor with 256MB of GDDR3 memory
$1,829.00

On the phone with apple now to figure out a way to grab this, return the $1999 one that's already shipped, all on the same order so I don't lose my discover 5% cashback. This would be a $170 savings which, while not $350, is not bad.

jonpwnz

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2009
Seattle, WA
I got a CTO because of the HiRes Anti-Glare you cant buy that aftermarket and it dramatically increases the visual quality and resolution of your macbook pro.
and i figured if im getting a CTO might as well get the i7 in the 15". shows a noticeable performance boost when running intense programs.

Other than that you can find all the other parts like RAM and HD's cheaper than apple will offer them.

x0r-lord

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I got a CTO because of the HiRes Anti-Glare you cant buy that aftermarket and it dramatically increases the visual quality and resolution of your macbook pro.
and i figured if im getting a CTO might as well get the i7 in the 15". shows a noticeable performance boost when running intense programs.

Other than that you can find all the other parts like RAM and HD's cheaper than apple will offer them.

In fact you can ONLY buy that aftermarket. the High-Res and AG screens have to be ordered from apple when you buy it, or ordered/installed afterwards by AASP. apple themselves wont do it.

But you can buy a HR/AG lid and get it installed, keeping your applecare. you just can't get it from apple. (you also get to keep both lids, a backup) - or change the LCD while the lid is removed, and swap in a 1920x1200 panel.

Brinkman

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2010
Standard order unless I want something I couldn't install myself like the higher resolution matted screen.

DJ-R

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2010
I hate Big Pixel, Glossy and Turtle Hard Drive.

Now you know what my CTO spec is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.