Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
i wouldn't take anything if i were the finder.... as a matter of fact.... i've been the finder and refused money! i just told the person that if they ever find a phone... return it! (it wasn't an iphone)

Same here. I've found 5 phones min. Most crappy that are offered for free, but I can recall two smart phones.

Anyway, I'd say 75% of the people offered me money. Always refused and just said that's not necessary. If the situation is ever reversed just return mine.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
refusing to return the phone because you don't give them a reward would be a crime.

Absolutely not. You don't know who really owns the phone (it could be a stolen device with the thief's SIM and contacts on it). Turning it in promptly at the nearest police station would be a perfectly legal option. Let these officials figure out if the serial number matches someone's purchase receipt.

VeNoMiZeD

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
San Francisco
I lost my 2g Iphone two years ago while at the post office. Left the post office, twenty minutes later realized I left the phone on the form counter. So I panicked and put a freeze on my account, which had me nervous because the phone couldn't recieve incoming calls. Luckily she called my mom on my contact list. She took a day to do that, which felt like forever. Anyhow, I gave her a $25 Visa gift card. Funny thing too, I had some really dirty text with two girls on there. I know she must of read them and thought oh my, lol. I quickly walked in and got my phone knowing and left.

tayshon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2009
Philly, PA
If I found a iphone I would return it, and would not ask for anything. I would just hope the same would happen to me if I lose my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.