Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Customers looking for discounts on Apple products this Black Friday have two more retailers to add to their shopping lists -- Staples and Radio Shack. Black Friday discount website BFads recently published leaked sales flyers from both retailers in advance of the biggest shopping day of the year.

staples-black-friday1.jpg
Staples is offering discounts on a variety of Apple gear, including $80 off the 16GB iPad Air WiFi ($319), $60 off the Retina iPad mini 2 ($239), $70 off the iPad with Retina Display ($279) and $20 off the Apple TV ($79). The office supplier also is taking 10 percent off all Beats by Dr Dre headphones and 15 percent off all iTunes gift cards of $50 or more. As an added bonus, customers with an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus can save time during checkout by using Apple Pay.

radio-shack-black-friday.jpg
Radio Shack isn't offering any discounts on iPad or iPhone models, but the retailer still is lowering prices on the Apple TV ($85), iPod Touch 16GB 5th generation ($149), and iTunes gift cards (15 percent off). Other Apple-related items going on sale include the Beats Solo HD Drenched headphones ($69.99 After Mail-in Rebate) and a variety of Apple iPhone and iPad accessories.

For even more Black Friday sales, be sure to check out our Black Friday roundup. We are updating that page with additional deals on Apple-related items as they are announced.

Article Link: Staples and Radio Shack to Offer Modest Black Friday Discounts on iPads, iPods, and More

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Enough with this "black" Friday crap. I NEVER REMEMBER it being like this. People expect everything for nothing. Back in the day it was like only JCPenny's that took small discounts off clothes. Society today is pathetic and I'm ashamed im apart of it.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
That's a solid deal for the Mini 2.

Did you just post that to be "first" because that deal for the mini....AIN'T a deal. $60 off is not a really a big deal when it comes to Black Friday...but of course the article did say "modest BF discounts" No argument there.

----------

Enough with this "black" Friday crap. I NEVER REMEMBER it being like this. People expect everything for nothing. Back in the day it was like only JCPenny's that took small discounts off clothes. Society today is pathetic and I'm ashamed im apart of it.

Watch a lot of soaps do you? :D
People look for deals. Wanna be ashamed? Go right ahead a pay full price. Nobody will argue it.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Europe

You don't ever remember retailers competing with each other on the price of goods?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Did you just post that to be "first" because that deal for the mini....AIN'T a deal. $60 off is not a really a big deal when it comes to Black Friday...but of course the article did say "modest BF discounts" No argument there.

No argument but an argument, hehe

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
You don't ever remember retailers competing with each other on the price of goods?

The problem is times have changed. Retailers don't compete with just like counterparts, they now compete with the internet. They can't compete on price, so they do so by throwing in extras and additional benefits... it's like when a car dealership says "I can't match that dealer's price, but I will throw in an extra set of floor mats" ... lucky for retailers many Americans are morons and fall for these tactics.

brianvictor7

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2013
United States
Nice deal if you are looking for a bargain ... and can actually bear to settle for anything less than the full awesome power of the pristine golden glory of an iPad Air 2 with 64GB of bountiful storage, an antiglare screen, and the thickness of less than a number 2 pencil! :cool:

OriginalMacRat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2007
Didn't know Staples still existed. The nearest one closed a couple years ago.

Office Depot and Office Max have merged. I expect many of those to start closing to save money in the combined company.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
8 AM Thursday? They're open all day Thanksgiving? I won't support a business that forces employees to work on Thanksgiving.

:apple:

ItsGavinC

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007

Dude, it says "20% off". You can't complain about the mini deal but not the other ones in the ad. They are all 20% off.

brianvictor7

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2013
United States

I get what you mean, even if the others mock you (or even if you are kidding around). We commercialize a holiday to the point that it is more about the things than the people. I'm all about getting bargains, but I wish there was a way to move the focus of the holidays back onto being around people.

View attachment 513433
Remember this scene from a Muppet's Christmas?

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
8 AM Thursday? They're open all day Thanksgiving? I won't support a business that forces employees to work on Thanksgiving.
:apple:

There are many "employees" who work shifts, through the night and ANY holiday depending on their job.
For some nationalities American Thanksgiving means nothing and so does Christmas and other holidays, just as Americans do not care about Chinese New Year, as long as their deliveries are not impacted.
(Pick any holiday)

To ask that nobody in America should work on Thanksgiving is not realistic.

Police, Firemen, doctors, hospital staff, restaurants, gas stations, newspapers, football players, reporters, TV anchors all working).............. you can keep adding

K4LK

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
This gets worse every year. Why can't these merchants let their workers enjoy Thanksgiving with their families? Pretty soon, black friday will start on Wednesday. :rolleyes:

M-O

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011

it's a big deal when it comes to Apple products. even Apple refurbs aren't 20% off.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011

Do you have an iPhone?

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2002
New England
walmart price matching

Best buy is advertising black friday deal for iPad air 2 at $100 off. I contacted walmart about this since their black friday ad only mentions the first iPad air. they responded by telling me they will price match best buy on black friday for the iPad air2

----------

This gets worse every year. Why can't these merchants let their workers enjoy Thanksgiving with their families? Pretty soon, black friday will start on Wednesday. :rolleyes:

some low wage workers actually want to work, instead of losing a day of pay, so move on from the subject

peglegjack

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Actually it is considering that it was $399 a couple months ago. Plus you don't have to deal with gift cards and all that other crap.

That being said, I already have an IPad Air 2 with yes, 64 GB of glorious space, so I'm not getting one anyway. I've never shopped on Black Friday or Thursday or whatever it is and honestly the commercialization of it all is pretty gross.

koulmj

Suspended
Mar 18, 2013
Best buy is advertising black friday deal for iPad air 2 at $100 off. I contacted walmart about this since their black friday ad only mentions the first iPad air. they responded by telling me they will price match best buy on black friday for the iPad air2

I work at Walmart and will tell you that if your willing to fight the crowds, we will also price match online only offers so long as they're not used, refurb, and so fourth...

Can't believe how the sales for Xmas seem to be chipping away at Thanksgiving family time though, shame

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
I wouldn't buy anything at Radio Shack if it were 50% off. Buying Apple at Radio Shack is like buying a Mercedes at a Hyundai dealership.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 601
Jul 12, 2008

Your memory must be horrible then.

----------

A lot of people don't even want to be with their families. Most of this stuff starts in the evening when everyone is beyond done with their family anyway. I know by 5 PM I'm sure as hell done with it.

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2002
New England
I wouldn't buy anything at Radio Shack if it were 50% off. Buying Apple at Radio Shack is like buying a Mercedes at a Hyundai dealership.

radio shack can use some business. what do I care as long as the iPad box is sealed.

that radio shack ipadmini2 is tempting, but I'm also considering just buying an apple refurb for $249 16gb or $299 32gb

or maybe get walmart to price match radio shack

friendsofthefam

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2014
If you don't want to be forced to work retail on Thanksgiving, get a job other than retail.
I work in retail and if it were that easy many people, including myself would do it. Times have changed drastically where if you want a better paying job than you can just "go get it"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.