Star Wars Movie Pack?

seabass069

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
226
0
Does anyone know if there will be a complete 6 dvd Star Wars collectable box. You can buy 1,2,3 seperately and the trilogy box. I want the whole set in its own case!
 

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,570
0
My wife has already ordered the "Star Wars III" from amazon.com. Should arrive soon. She says the the Pack is do for another year or two.
 

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
22,817
37
Andover, MA
I'm sure there will be an HD version out in a year or two. Might be worth waiting for.

Of course, I'll need an HDTV and HD DVD, but, hey, anything for Star Wars. ;)
 

Prelude2Tragedy

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2005
150
0
New Jersey
Well probably see a trilogy with movies 1,2, and 3 next year. Then the year after have a box set with all movies. Then the next year have a full box set with an insane amount of special stuff, and so on. God knows how many times Lucas is gonna repackage these things.
 

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
9,366
119
Los Angeles
Prelude2Tragedy said:
Well probably see a trilogy with movies 1,2, and 3 next year. Then the year after have a box set with all movies. Then the next year have a full box set with an insane amount of special stuff, and so on. God knows how many times Lucas is gonna repackage these things.
Lord only knows. He's currently working on a 3D version of the original 3 for theatrical release.


Lethal
 

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
7,472
180
visiting from downstream
It would be nice if Lucas would make available a nice cardboard box designed to hold all six DVDs... when I bought Kill Bill: Vol. 2, Best Buy was giving out such nice boxes, designed to hold both Kill Bill movies in such a way that it looked like you bought them both at the same time.

How about it, George?
 

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
19,232
4
clayj said:
It would be nice if Lucas would make available a nice cardboard box designed to hold all six DVDs... when I bought Kill Bill: Vol. 2, Best Buy was giving out such nice boxes, designed to hold both Kill Bill movies in such a way that it looked like you bought them both at the same time.

How about it, George?
HA, why do that when you can milk the movies for more later? :rolleyes:
 

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
2,745
0
fig tree
clayj said:
It would be nice if Lucas would make available a nice cardboard box designed to hold all six DVDs... when I bought Kill Bill: Vol. 2, Best Buy was giving out such nice boxes, designed to hold both Kill Bill movies in such a way that it looked like you bought them both at the same time.

How about it, George?
they did that for the 3 LOTR special edition sets. but my brother had to send in 10 bucks and wait 6 weeks to get one
 

Kobushi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
540
0
Right behind you.
clayj said:
It would be nice if Lucas would make available a nice cardboard box designed to hold all six DVDs... when I bought Kill Bill: Vol. 2, Best Buy was giving out such nice boxes, designed to hold both Kill Bill movies in such a way that it looked like you bought them both at the same time.

How about it, George?

The box will be sold separtely from the movies for $19.95 and be stamped with THX, Lucasfilm, Lucas Arts, Skywalker Sound, and Industrial Light and Magic logos...and lots of dollar signs $$$$$ :D
 

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
3,145
0
Tampere, Finland
Kobushi said:
The box will be sold separtely from the movies for $19.95 and be stamped with THX, Lucasfilm, Lucas Arts, Skywalker Sound, and Industrial Light and Magic logos...and lots of dollar signs $$$$$ :D
too bad there will not be a DTS logo :( :( :(
(dolby digital sucks...)
 

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
6,639
2
jsw said:
I'm sure there will be an HD version out in a year or two. Might be worth waiting for.
I bought the Star Wars trilogy. I think I'll wait for a HD version of all 6 Star Wars movies before I plunk down another set of dollars.
 

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
1,460
0
Texas
OK, I am going to be honest here, which will surprise no one given my user name and avatar, but I am a sucker for anything Star Wars, so I will be buying whatever Lucas puts out, whenever he does. Got my copy of the new movie and Battlefront II today. :D
 

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
1,561
35
Well, I have all 6 on DVD now, but like many others I am frustrate with all of the repackaging. With that said, I am still going to repurchase all six if the entire set is released in HD at some point in the coming years.

Hckman
 

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
837
213
Virginia, USA
I have all 6 too. Watched Sith last night; was afraid it would be a let-down but it is still better than the other two prequels by a mile.

There will be a 6 film set. One of the features is going to be a CG Yoda in Phantom Menace-- the really horrible puppet that looked NOTHING like Yoda is going to be replaced. There's a snippet of it in one of the Sith documentaries. I think Toady McCallum (prequels producer) has said a 6 film box will be released in a couple of years. I despise the cover art on all of the current DVDs; as long as there are no more changes in the original trilogy I will join the line of suckers and buy them again, I'm sure-- particularly if they are next gen DVDs. I think the restoration of the OT was brilliant; they all looked like they were filmed last month.
 

achie25

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2005
336
0
I am going to wait for a big boxed set. Lucas knows he can get away with selling them individually first and then he will come out with at least one cool boxed set and probably some anniversary sets as well. He knows that we will all buy them.

So I will have to wait. Also the whole 3D theatrical re-release would be AWESOME. I will start standing in line tomorrrow.
 

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
1,216
0
Netherlands
It'll probably take a year at least before the full sets come out. It was the same with LOTR. First the movies came out individually. Then in the extended versions were released and finally they released the full extended trilogy box set. Needless to say that was at least a year after the 3rd movie was released on dvd. I'm going to wait, that's for sure.
 

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,570
0
I save my money toward a DVD, by not going to the movie theaters. Enjoy the privacy of my own home.
 

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
1,513
0
Utah
mfacey said:
It'll probably take a year at least before the full sets come out. It was the same with LOTR. First the movies came out individually. Then in the extended versions were released and finally they released the full extended trilogy box set. Needless to say that was at least a year after the 3rd movie was released on dvd. I'm going to wait, that's for sure.
That's not true. I got my Extended Edition ROTK when it was released in November or whatever it was, but my brother recieved the entire boxed set (Extended Editions) for Christmas. That was only like a month and a half after I got mine.

I ordered the box for my set, but I only had to pay $3 and wait about a month. Not $10 like a previous poster said. I did have a coupon in my ROTK set so it may have been $10 without that though.
 

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
807
116
Nor Cal
Target

wdlove said:
My wife has already ordered the "Star Wars III" from amazon.com. Should arrive soon. She says the the Pack is do for another year or two.

Target had it for $14.99

Wooo Hoo - no wait no shipping!!!!!

Can't wait to watch it!
 

PharmD

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2005
345
1
Oregon Coast
I just went and bought Eps I,II and III this week. On the bonus features for III, McCollum says that Lucas is going to go back and make "Special Editions" of this trilogy in a few years. For example, in the original cut of III, there was a whole hour of footage of the opening Palpatine rescue, but was cut down to 25 min in the film we have.

Surprisingly, all of the deleted scenes were really good but simply cut for time. These include Yoda arriving on Dagobah, Padme starting the rebel alliance with Organa and others, and Grevious killing Shak-ti.

If they release these, I'll most likely buy them. I hope they put all the original theatrical posters on the front of the cases though. They are much better than what we have.
 

Whyren

macrumors 6502a
They'll come out with a box version of all 6 but in two versions: one Special Edition, one Original Cut. Thus, buying all 6 at a time will be the only way for purists to get the original versions. :D

As for me, I've got II, will get III (I'm not going to bother with I), and later I'm just probably just going to convert the IV, V, and VI LaserDiscs (original versions too) I have to DVD format.
 

zim

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2002
1,332
0
Seeing how things have been released in the past, here is my prediction...

1. A box set of episodes 1-3 to compliment anyone who has a box set 4-6.
2. About a year after or maybe the next anniversary another box set containing all 6.
3. Following the complete box set we see yet another release with all 6 in possibly HD.

Lucas likes our money and he knows we are willing to give it up. I felt that way when they released 4-6 prior to 3 coming out on DVD, I think that was so that they could get as many sales on a 4-6 box set before they package it all together.

Looking back I regret purchasing... episode 1 vhs: special edition box with collectors book. episode 4-6 vhs box set collection. Not buying the original vhs sets prior to the first rerelease vhs set of 4-6 (I think my dad has theme somewhere).
 

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
15,630
3
キャンプスワ&#
Whyren said:
They'll come out with a box version of all 6 but in two versions: one Special Edition, one Original Cut. Thus, buying all 6 at a time will be the only way for purists to get the original versions. :D

As for me, I've got II, will get III (I'm not going to bother with I), and later I'm just probably just going to convert the IV, V, and VI LaserDiscs (original versions too) I have to DVD format.
Same here.

I have the original IV, V and VI episodes on LD and will convert to DVD.

However, when George releases a boxed set for 1 through 6, I'm there.

Sushi