Starbucks fail!

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Starbucks updates their app for ios6 and passbook but forget to update for iphone 5.:rolleyes:

morty192

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Maybe I'm missing something but they didn't add passbook comparability just ios6 comparability? At least in UK but app shouldn't be that different should it?

Comment

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
is it really that big of a deal when the point of the update is to use your starbucks card without unlocking your phone and opening the app?

Comment

zorinlynx

macrumors 603
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
American also updated their app and didn't update for the iPhone 5.

Not that it'd really benefit from the taller screen, but...

Lazy devs! :)

Comment

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
Maybe I'm missing something but they didn't add passbook comparability just ios6 comparability? At least in UK but app shouldn't be that different should it?
Yes, they did add it. At least here in the US. App looks the same but a soon as I opened it up it asked me if I wanted to set up my passbook and add my favorite locations.

Comment

appswipe

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2012
is it really that big of a deal when the point of the update is to use your starbucks card without unlocking your phone and opening the app?
Have you used any PassBook cards yet? So far they all required opening the app and even with my Target Card the passbook was showing an expired coupon so I had to go to the actual app to get the current one.

Comment

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
It's annoying when u type I miss type a lot on the apps not for iPhone 5

Comment

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I'm surprised they didn't optimize the app for the iPhone 5 yet. But still, they have parts of that app that still aren't retina graphics.

I wish Southwest would update with Passbook, or have an app like Kayak generate them.

Comment

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
It's annoying when u type I miss type a lot on the apps not for iPhone 5
True.

After all the excuses as to why they kept it narrow, & wouldn't go larger because they didn't want to burden the developers, it turns out the compatibility issue is still a problem.

Apple replaces common sense with some very odd thinking. :eek:

Comment

VacTacks11

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
I'm in Canada, just updated the app (did confirm it has iOS 6 compatibility), have 2 cards stored, and I wasn't prompted to sync or create anything for Passbook.

Disappointed. I use my Starbucks app nearly every day.

Comment

mikalh78

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2008
I'm in Canada, just updated the app (did confirm it has iOS 6 compatibility), have 2 cards stored, and I wasn't prompted to sync or create anything for Passbook.

Disappointed. I use my Starbucks app nearly every day.
Same here, from Canada, only saw a nicer launch screen thats all.

Comment

JoshGlzBrk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2009
As if it matters... You don't do any typing on this app. The bar code for the barista will be a little higher up than usual. Big deal.

Comment

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Same thing with the Chase Banking mobile app. They updated it for iOS 6 support but its still crunched like it was on the 4S's screen

Comment

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2008
U still have to unlock the phone to use passbook. Who here said u don't have to unlock?

Comment

petes67bird

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
Illinois
Same thing with the Chase Banking mobile app. They updated it for iOS 6 support but its still crunched like it was on the 4S's screen
Thats frustrating for me which is why I am glad I have 2 phones. My Sony Ion is my personal phone and doesnt have these app problems. My iphone 5 is the work phone so I can live with some of the flaws up to this point. I only hope they get fixed quickly.

Comment

dualmax

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2010
what do u mean ita not iphone 5 compatible? i added it to my passbook today

Comment

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Is anyone going to actually use the location feature?

Personally I worry that having my phone check 24/7 to see if I'm at Starbucks would not exactly help battery life.

I kept it off. I'll just click Passbook manually. :D

Comment

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
Is anyone going to actually use the location feature?

Personally I worry that having my phone check 24/7 to see if I'm at Starbucks would not exactly help battery life.

I kept it off. I'll just click Passbook manually. :D
I just killed it! It's constantly pinging my location. I don't need anymore battery drain...

Comment

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Thats frustrating for me which is why I am glad I have 2 phones. My Sony Ion is my personal phone and doesnt have these app problems. My iphone 5 is the work phone so I can live with some of the flaws up to this point. I only hope they get fixed quickly.
I mean its not a huge deal, but seeing these black bars where there normally aren't is slightly annoying

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.