Starbucks Free song download is a total rip....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mercury6966, Oct 1, 2007.

1. mercury6966 macrumors newbie

Sorry if i offend someone and there taste in music but wow Who are these people lol i know i know starbuck does the indie thing but geesh Jonie mitchell lol. I was gearing up to stop by everyday lol till now, John mayer? Noooo thanks. too bad they don't do the pepsi free song thing they did a long time ago . I wonder how many people will actually download from starbucks.

2. cmaier macrumors G3

Wow. Can someone translate this for me?

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Yeah! those jerks, who the hell are they to give free music downloads.

So I don't like the music they play there, but guess what.......I don't go there.

really come on.

4. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

the tittle of this thread is funny "...free song download is a total rip..."
    LOL:D:D:D

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That's what happens when you don't write the whole "rip off"--you end up with a double meaning.

I really feel sorry for people who think they're going to get the song they want each time someone gives it away for free. They should be ready for many disappointments in life.

6. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

How is a free song a rip off? If it sucks, just delete it. That's why it's free, you don't get to choose what song it is. If you want a specific song, use the wifi store.

7. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I think the issue is more that the OP is saying the songs they are offering are crappy, rather than that something free is a bad deal.

In other words, if these free songs are representative of what they want me to buy, the starbucks wifi store is pretty useless.

I would have thought that was obvious, but judging from the responses...

8. hard-case macrumors regular

hard-case

I apologize in advance if my missive instills any undue offense to persons perusing it, specifically regarding their proclivities vis a vis musical appreciation, however I must express great surprise in the relative obscurity of such musical acts as being offered. Yes, yes, Starbucks does show a propensity in supporting the more avant garde musical set, but my word, Joni Mitchell? It is to laugh! My orginal consideration was to frequent, even daily, the nearest Starbucks establishment, till this news reached my consciousness. John Mayer? I belive it necessary to decline. It is rather distressing that this Apple/Starbucks endeavour failed to capitalize on the previously successful business structure re: the Apple/Pepsi accords, and their novel provision of multitudinous musical offerings, of course without requirement of monetary renumeration!

I posit that many, due to similiar viewpoints of course, shall as well find themselves refraining from participation in this new venture.

9. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Then... don't download them. Pretty simple. If it's not your taste in music, then it's obviously not created for you. Many people love free music and will most likely enjoy checking out the free songs available.

Don't come and complain about something that's free. At least you get to try the songs and if they suck you don't have to keep them.

10. sanford macrumors 65816

Translation: he has no appreciation for the great musical artist of the 20th century. He wants a Kings of Leon track.

11. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

you're missing the point, which is that if this is representative of what they will offer then the broader product of Starbucks is a disappointment.

Are you suggesting that people should only post their opinion about a product if they like it and want to buy it?

12. Gonzlobo Suspended

You sir, are a purveyor of terminological inexactitudes! :D

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That sounded dirty. :)

And for Starbucks to play John Mayer and Joni Mitchell...damn them all to hell! Where's the Ozzy and the SOAD? Sheesh! What's coffee without a little metal-ish music?

14. sanford macrumors 65816

No, I'm suggesting it's inappropriate to bash Joni Mitchell.

15. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

haha nice =D

16. vega07 macrumors 65816

this thread is quite entertaining. :D

but I agree with sobe and the OP. I HATE john mayer. :D:D:D:D

man...this cracks me up, especially "it is to laugh!"

17. Astral Cars macrumors regular

Are we honestly considering Joni Mitchell and John Mayer to be obscure?

I would have to say that is precisely the type of music I would have expected from Starbucks.

18. njpodder macrumors regular

Why would they give away free what people are willing to pay for? Ever heard the saying "You get what you pay for"? This rings true here as well. John Mayer is free because no one owuld pay to listen to that crap, so he has to get the music out there somehow.

"John Mayer, if your body is a wonderland, then mine is a freakin' Six Flags theme park!"

19. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Joni Mitchell was probably considered eclectic in the 1970s and John Mayer is probably only recognisable because of Oscar Mayer and a few bits of entertainment during Apple presentations.

When I think of Starbucks, I think of totally non-descript music, possibly Light Jazz that doesn't offend or delight, which sounds about like elevator music.

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not sure I get what you mean. :D

[​IMG]

21. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Well done for missing the point entirely.

22. overcast macrumors 6502a

It's the same people who believe they are entitled to a completely open iPhone platform.

23. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It could be. I'm sure we could work up a full psychological profile, but I suppose we should just be glad that we don't work for them. :eek: Lots of people seem to feel cheated frequently these days.

24. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Do you get one of these everytime you buy a drink?

25. taffythree macrumors newbie

free song is kinda cool

this thread is still funny in 2010. :apple: