Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I apologize in advance if my missive instills any undue offense to persons perusing it, specifically regarding their proclivities vis a vis musical appreciation, however I must express great surprise in the relative obscurity of such musical acts as being offered. Yes, yes, Starbucks does show a propensity in supporting the more avant garde musical set, but my word, Joni Mitchell? It is to laugh! My orginal consideration was to frequent, even daily, the nearest Starbucks establishment, till this news reached my consciousness. John Mayer? I belive it necessary to decline. It is rather distressing that this Apple/Starbucks endeavour failed to capitalize on the previously successful business structure re: the Apple/Pepsi accords, and their novel provision of multitudinous musical offerings, of course without requirement of monetary renumeration!

I posit that many, due to similiar viewpoints of course, shall as well find themselves refraining from participation in this new venture.

It's not often that I actually enjoy reading a post. Awesome.

As for the Starbucks music thing, maybe they're trying to introduce people to more obscure music. I know I'd never go to iTunes and buy anything played in Starbucks out of curiousity but if I were in there buying something and heard something I like I'd be inclined to check out their store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.