static noise inside the ear speaker on the 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Paulshaqz, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

dose anybody else's phone when you make or receive a call have like a light little static noise inside the ear speaker?

2. Eternal 28 macrumors 6502

I did have that static buzz noise on my iPhone 4s, exchanged it at AT&T and the new one is not buzzing.

3. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

i kinda want to give it back but affraid i'm gonna run into the yellow screen and horrible battery everyones talking about since mine seems to be ok.

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

This is the issue I am trying to trouble shoot, the genius said they don't have any documented cases about the static. It is a sporadic problem too. Sometimes nothing other times noticeable.

5. cchris1216 macrumors newbie

I have the same issue, static in the ear piece. I will eventually bring it in to apple, but for right now the annoyance isn't to bad.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

7. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I don't know if it is a software issue or if it is a hardware glitch. I don't hear it using earphones and it doesn't happen every time. It is not worth exchanging it if this whole batch of phones has the issue. I will wait to see if the problem fixes itself or to hear what Apple says on the matter. The genius didn't have an answer or a clue about the problem. I don't know how wide spread it is or if it is even on Apple's radar.

9. Sphere777 macrumors newbie

I think so too.

The phone is perfect in every other way so far, so I'm really hesitant to take it back.

Wait and see I guess.

10. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

i agree i don't wanna give mine up neither because so far my phone seems fine besides that fact and to me it's not that big of a issue since i'm reading other forums saying they returned theres and still hear it on the new one and end up getting worst issues.

11. BiscuitsNGravy macrumors member

Having the same issue.

The most annoying issue is the Echo when using the headphones.

I use my phone as a business phone. I am frequently on conference calls. There is no way to use the headphones when on the call. It causes massive amounts of echo or static to the entire group. The operator will generally shut of my line.

I will hold out for a little bit longer, maybe until a new release of iOS5. If it is still not fixed, I will ask for a replacement.

12. rsxmachine macrumors 6502

Have same issue, I replaced my 4s at apple store and it has the same issue. I think its part of the Iphone 4s design and it is environmental. I could not produce it at the apple store but in my office and at home I hear it.

13. Bloodkip macrumors newbie

I think it's a environmental issue. In my room with 2 computers I can hear it but when I am in the living room there is nothing.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause. I don't know if it is environmental conditions or just interference from the phone itself. Personally I think it's the new Qualcom chip.

15. Ted13 macrumors 6502

Have the issue -- volume of static varies from call to call and within calls. Intermittent echo as well.

Did a side by side Voice Memo on my 4S vs. 3GS, and there was static on the 4S and not the 3GS -- but the 4S recording was louder, clearer, greater range.

My guess is software, noise reduction maybe?

16. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

I also have this problem. As well as sometimes when I make a call I'll hear nothing out of the speaker apart from my own voice amplified! To fix it I have to finish the call and make it again.

17. ijohnbro macrumors regular

LOL Why not just a get an Android? And not worry about all these defects

18. iphone4sATT macrumors newbie

Exchanged phone does not have issue

Noticed this on my first 4s from launch day. Exchanged due to defective mute switch and replaced phone does not have the static..sounds perfect. Exchange your phone, it is not normal. Apple will do everything to try and convince you to not swap but insist!

19. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

nah andriod ain't my thing.

----------

idk a lot of people are saying they swapped it for another and still get the same results.

20. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

just checking if anyone one got this issue resolved or replaced it with another and got better results yet?

21. ercsliberty macrumors 6502

replaced mine that had the issue, im good now

22. Ted13 macrumors 6502

23. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

replaced mine yesterday its a lil better then my original but its still sorta there.

24. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok just tested mine again it's the same now i have no idea what it it could be frankly i actually give up and just hope there will be a fix to this issue.