Status Flip Flopped?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ShellyFM, Apr 20, 2015.

1. ShellyFM macrumors regular

Has anyone else had their status flip flop? My status has changed to "Preparing for Shipment" twice and each time within a couple of minutes it has changed back to "Processing Items". This started occurring not long after two separate preauthorization charges hit my debit card, one for the watch and one for AppleCare. So now, it's "Processing Items" again.

2. segrobja macrumors regular

Nope, mines been locked at Preparing for Shipment for about an hour and a half.

3. mizzou-apple macrumors member

mizzou-apple

Yup, mine flipped too. Went to "preparing for shipment" after cc was charged and approved. Now back to "processing items".

4. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

Sorry, that means you got bumped to the May 8th shipment because there wasn't room on the plane.

5. specik macrumors 6502

specik

This may just be that the server you are sometimes connecting to for order status has an outdated cache.

6. ShellyFM thread starter macrumors regular

7. AKRowdy macrumors regular

I've had this happen, but it only reverted back to processing once, so far as I can tell. Card was charged but it's still "pending" (normally lasts a day or two for me)

----------

I'm 100% sure this isn't the case. Worst case scenario those of us this happened to get it early next week.

8. Tianziwansui macrumors newbie

mine has done the same thing. my card is showing pending though still. changed to preparing for shipment yesterday afternoon and has been back at processing since at least 10 PM EST

9. darrenpop macrumors 6502

hahahaha! (y)

10. robaroo macrumors regular

you pressed refresh too many times on your order status page. apple saw what you were doing and decided that you just weren't ready for the watch so it's going to delay your order.

11. AKRowdy macrumors regular

Did everybody who this happened to order a SS with white Sport Band?

12. TEBnewyork macrumors regular

That was my order as well. Charged between 2 and 3PM east coast time. Changed to preparing within the next hour. Hours late I went in to check to see if extra band or anything else changed when I saw it back at processing.

13. frumpy16 macrumors 6502a

frumpy16

Nope, my has locked on Preparing for Shipment since it switched over yesterday evening. Something seems off with it going backward like they didn't have inventory to allocate to your order (and others seeing the same thing)

14. oliverames macrumors member

oliverames

Moved from "Preparing for Shipment" back to "Processing Items"

Last night around 5:00pm I got a change from Processing Items to Preparing for Shipment. My card was charged at 9:00pm. This morning I've noticed that on my order page, I'm back to "processing items". Anyone else notice this? 42mm w/ white sports band.

15. farleyruskz macrumors newbie

16. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

Mine was a ss with white sport band. Same thing happened! Still at processing this morning.

17. oliverames macrumors member

oliverames

Frustrating. And I know pending charges will remain on an account for 7 days usually even if the charge is not being put through.

18. wwefreak666 macrumors newbie

42mm Blue Sport and 42mm Milanese Loop strap (not the watch, just the strap). Watch Sport says 24/4-8/5. Got confirmation at 5:06AM my time, which means 6 minutes after preorder started. Both still say processing. Haven't been charged. I live in Canada. The Milanese Loop says April 30-May 13 for shipping.

19. Gzalito macrumors member

20. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I have two on order, one Sport and one SS, both 42mm white band. Sport model is preparing for shipment, SS fell back to processing. Confirmation email for the SS was 3:05AM, Sport was around 3:08.

The SS is mine, it is going to suck so much if I have to wait around on UPS to just get the Sport on Friday (Which I can't open...)

I have a charge for both on my card, both used Apple Pay.

21. JFazYankees macrumors 6502

JFazYankees

It looks like it, yes. Furthermore, I don't think I've seen a single SS watch with black sport band change status at all. Interesting...

22. JCrew7384 macrumors newbie

EXACT same situation. Have a 38mm Sport with Blue band, and 42mm SS with White sport band. The Apple Watch Sport got charged and moved to Preparing for Shipment yesterday. I had a credit card issue on the SS model. I went online and fixed it. An hour later it changed to Preparing for shipment. But this morning it is back to Processing Items. Says 4/24-5/8

It better get here Friday. I can't open the sport one either :)

23. JFazYankees macrumors 6502

JFazYankees

I'm calling when I get home from college. It's a very strange situation, because everyone who's had this happen to them has ordered the same watch model --> 42mm SS with White Sport Band.

24. oliverames, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015

oliverames macrumors member

oliverames

None of the SS Black Bands have even experienced the switch to "Preparing for Shipment," let alone changing back. This document was created early yesterday and I suspect none of the white band users have changed their entries back to "Processing."

EDIT: Looks like only the 42mm are being effected.

25. JFazYankees, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015

JFazYankees macrumors 6502

JFazYankees

I noticed the same thing. My guess is that Apple is updating orders model by model and made a mistake updating the SS White Sport Band orders. That would also explain why the order status page went down for a while last night. It was right after that happened that people saw their status reversed.