Status update on iOS 4.1 Jailbreak???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by scouser75, Sep 4, 2010.

1. scouser75 macrumors 65816

Guys, as most of us know iOS 4.1 is released next week.

Does anyone have any news about the Jailbreak status on this version?

2. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

No
    Nobody ever knows when they come out
    The jailbreaks are released when they're ready.

3. bella92108 macrumors 68000

I can say for 100% sure it's "Not Available."

I learned that by SEARCHING and reviewing the hundreds of other posts on here and other sites where it's already been discussed.

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Here's your news flash: It'll be out when it's out.

Kinda hard to have "status" when the OS isn't even publicly released.

Keep your pants on. I'm sure there's a Wii game you can play to kill some time.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Until the final release version becomes available, the only correct answer to this is "the jailbreak is not available yet".

The DevTeam may have been poking around the GM version, but I doubt they will waste their time putting together a jailbreak until the final release comes out.

Come on, it's just 5 days from now. This is certainly a "Just can't wait to update crowd" question.

6. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'll try to be polite as some of the responses were polite.

So, lads, all I asked was for a status update. I know it's not out yet as I did do a search :p So pls calm down some of you :D

And the only reason why I have ants in my pants for this update is that I'm on the verge of splashing out £200 (approx $430) on a Parrot BT kit which has glitches which will apparently only be resolved once 4.1 is released :)

But due to Lockinfo I really don't wanna use a non-jailbroken phone.

Thanks again to everyone though for the help :)

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

Well I will try to be polite too! :rolleyes: We probably won't know until after it's released next week. if you fallow the Dev-Team via twitter you get the most update info any of us have. Musclenerd Comex and Planetbeing are the best to fallow. many of us don't think there will be a JB till Nov. time will tell and I doubt it will be out the day of.

8. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I dont think the dev team will release their jailbreak until 4.2 because it's just a short time between 4.1 and 4.2 and if they announce their exploit in 4.1 it will be fixed in 4.2. Theres no reason to release a perfectly good exploit and try to find a new one in 4.2. Just my opinion.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I doubt that.
    They wont hold off for another 2-3 months.

10. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

Hopefully....

I don't understand the urgency tbh...

* 4.1 isn't worth upgrading to
    * if you upgraded to 4.02 or 4.1 beta/GM then you don't need jailbreak as you didn't spend enough time appreciating what an upgrade does
    * if you've only just got a phone and it has 4.02 then its just not that urgent - you've waited months for an iPhone, you can wait months for the new jailbreak

11. DarkCloud2015 macrumors member

DarkCloud2015

If you had a 3G you wouldn't say that. I'm hoping there IS a 4.1 JB because I desperately need a performance fix for the stuttering and the freezing and the crashing.

12. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

3G, whats that? :p

13. HelperMonkey macrumors member

If it truly fixes the proximity sensor issue, I'd disagree.

14. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

It's irrelevant because non of use make the JB. The only thing your going to get here is speculation and personal opinions which are about as useful as an ice cooler in the arctic in the dead of winter. As soon as there is any real information you don't even need to search, it can be found here.

15. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Um. 3G is always jailbroken

16. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

What?

17. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

You can always jailbreak a iPhone 3G, they can't stop it like newer devices

18. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I dont see an update for 4.1 coming since 4.2 is around the corner. Yes, it would make sense for people having issues with their phone to want the 4.1 but as a whole for all iOS users, seems once 4.2 is available for everyone, then I can see a JB come out.

19. Showtime3 macrumors member

but im still going to wait until they jailbreak it before i upgrade

20. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

The 3g bootrom always allows for custom firmwares because it doesn't verify installs and isn't something Apple can fix with a software update. Same as old bootrom 3gs with 24k exploit.

21. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Unlike some people here, I am not going to suggest your post or questions are irrelevant...

You might want to look here:

http://www.crispytech.com/2010/08/16/next-iphone-jailbreak-due-after-ios-4-1-says-comex/

The implication from comex is that he has already found a way to Jailbreak iOS 4.1.

S-

22. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Yeah, they have a couple of exploits saved and one is for 4.1. This isn't news. How long it will take then to test and wrap this code in a nice little one click solution is why it's irrelevant.

23. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

The OP wanted "any news". There is that "any" word again that you seem to have so much trouble with. What is news to the OP may not be news to you. What is irrelevant to you may not be irrelevant to the OP.

The news for the OP is that there most likely will be a simple Jailbreak for iOS 4.1. "When?" is the harder question to answer. Since comex has the exploit already and has access to iOS 4.1 GM candidate, I can't see it taking too long.

S-

24. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Just like he had the jailbreakme exploit and GM of 4.0 but it still takes time. They don't put a lot of work in until they have an RC because things can and do change.

25. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

I predict the jb will be released 1 hour after 4.1 hits iTunes

You heard it here first.
    Stay tuned for next weeks lotto numbers