Stay with AT&T or go with Verizon

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mmarzex, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Mmarzex macrumors member

Hi all I currently own a new gen iPad 4g with AT&T. I got it with the idea that AT&T 3g is faster than verizon's. I did this because I didn't think I would be in areas with LTE on either network but things have changed and I will be in areas with LTE on verizon but not AT&T. I'm still within my return time window and I'm wondering if it is worth it to switch it out for verizon. Please give me your opinions.

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Yes, I think in this case it's worth it to exchange it for the Verizon model.

3. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

Get Verizon, if you turn out in the long run not to like it, then get an AT&T sim and use AT&T with it. The only thing you can't do is get AT&T LTE, but you can get HSPA+ with the Verizon unit. This works fine as I have tried it.

4. Mmarzex thread starter macrumors member

Really? I wasn't aware of that. I think I may go with that then. I'll have to go to apple tomorrow. I've never done an exchange before should I wipe the iPad and then just put it back in the box with everything?

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

That's how it is where I live, too.

I absolutely detest the speed of Verizon's 3G network (I switched from AT&T to Verizon when the iPhone 4s came out), but I'm impressed how fast my iPad goes on their LTE network.

Where I live, their LTE network isn't as robust yet as the rest of their network. Normally with Verizon out here, you almost alway see 4+ bars, ... maybe 3 bars occasionally. With their LTE network, there's a lot of areas with 1-2 bars, but the data speed is still decent (3mbps down is the slowest I've seen it, ... 35mpbs down is the fastest I've seen it, and that was with 3 bars).

Yes. If you've activated data on it, be sure to cancel the auto-renewal.

6. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

This. Make sure you have the IMEI for an AT&T ipad1 or ipad2 so you can get AT&T 4G

7. Statiq! macrumors newbie

It all depends on if you get great LTE coverage. I've gotten 58mb down on LTE on the iPad at work.. so I'm happy with AT&T.

8. ewo1992 macrumors regular

ewo1992

Also keep in mind with AT&T you get one 3gb for the price of Verizons 2gb

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

The next iPad will be released before AT&T has LTE worth mentioning. The new iPad on AT&T is a mistake 99% of the continental US.