Steam Games not installing

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by RobLS, Jun 19, 2010.

1. RobLS macrumors member

So, I have installed Steam on the Mac and it works fine. My problem is when I go to any of my games in the library after signing in, and I right click to install, it says not supported for this platform. Do purchases I've made in the past when I was on windows not follow over to the mac side?

I've searched google and the Steam forums to no success.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Games with "Steam Play" should work on both platforms. Which games are you having trouble with?

3. RobLS thread starter macrumors member

I am having trouble with the half life games, counterstrike games, left 4 dead 2 as well as the civilization game. The only dif. out of all of those is that I have the retail version of left 4 dead 2

4. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Counter Strike/CS:S aren't on Mac yet, either are Left 4 Dead 1 or 2. A couple of the Civilisation games are though, and Half Life 2 and both episodes are. So which games exactly are you trying to install?

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I think I remember a discussion like this recently on MR, something about the retail version of L4D not working under Steam? Here is Steam Support Link.

6. RobLS thread starter macrumors member

I think the reason I may be so confused is that I thought I read somewhere before the Mac Steam client was released that all of Valve's games would be available from the beginning, and I even had people telling me that all the games are available right now too. But its making sense now.

7. Ack macrumors member

Half Life 2 and Episodes 1 and 2 should install and work. As stated earlier, the rest of the ones you mentioned aren't available for Mac (yet).