Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicole1980

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2010
Nagging window and feature deprecation in Mojave is a downgraded experience compared to High Sierra, which has none of those issues.

Who knows what Apple disabled quietly in Mojave to nudge more people to abandon their old machine or upgrade to Catalina.
When they said 32-bit support was "deprecated" in Mojave, that simply meant that they did no updates, not that they somehow limited it.
Deprecated in that context merely meant that it was left alone, and soon to be discontinued. Which of course it was in the following MacOS release.

I had absolutely zero additional issues with 32-bit programs in Mojave compared to High Sierra. So if you were having issues between the two, I'd say it was something unrelated that you mistakenly concluded was from the 32-bit support in Mojave.

Reactions: Chuckeee

Nicole1980

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2010
It dropped to Very Positive not Mostly Positive. The Recent Reviews are mostly positive. And this is out of 7.7 million reviews

And the game still gets a million plus concurrent players daily

bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
Something tells me someone (maybe the one I'm quoting) is a sales rep for the steamdeck, lol

• Haha
Reactions: jlnr

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I had absolutely zero additional issues with 32-bit programs in Mojave compared to High Sierra. So if you were having issues between the two, I'd say it was something unrelated that you mistakenly concluded was from the 32-bit support in Mojave.
Fair. Everyone’s experience and perception is different.

MacHeritage

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2022
British Columbia, Canada
When they said 32-bit support was "deprecated" in Mojave, that simply meant that they did no updates, not that they somehow limited it.
Deprecated in that context merely meant that it was left alone, and soon to be discontinued. Which of course it was in the following MacOS release.

There are apps with issues under Mojave that don't have them with HS. DVD Studio Pro is one (and there are others that I can't think of at the moment). You need 10.13 to run it properly. I never even tried since so many pros were complaining about that at the time. I moved it to a VM situation since I was going to have to get used to that anyway. In VM you can't preview your dvd menus / disc etc. but everything else works under a 10.6.8 VM.

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Nov 7, 2017
If anything, cloud OS will NOT support running older operating systems, cause whoever hosting them don’t want to become easy target of hackers as they already have a big target at their back.
I mean through VMs - I'm sure that there must be a way to do that but essentially isolate them from the host OS, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.