Steam

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by max2, May 20, 2018.

1. max2 macrumors 68030

Has anyone notice Steam's download speeds being a little sporadic at times or is it my connection ?

2. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

3. Zenithal macrumors 604

Just you. Maybe your ISP, may be your node, may be how you're being routed compared to others on your ISP, etc.

4. max2 thread starter macrumors 68030

Actually I found out my friend from across the Atlantic Ocean is having the same problem. Both different ISPs :)

Basically we both get our max speed but it goes up to down sometimes. Not all the time.

5. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

Definitely the node or route you are on, just did a test and was able to download sustained at my max speed (in US).

6. max2 thread starter macrumors 68030

I can download sustained at my max speed.

Already confirmed this issue with my friend and 3 other people.

7. jeremysteele, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018

jeremysteele macrumors 6502

So... yours is working fine now?

One thing I would suggest would be to try changing your content region: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9498-WPDF-3220&l=

It could be you and your friends are running on paths that are experiencing periodic latency. Since that switches the data center - if you are still having issues after that the issue is likely with your ISP/local connections.

If there was a global Steam network issue, twitter would be blowing up, as it always does. As of now, there's nothing out of the ordinary on twitter, is it down, steam status, etc.