Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Stephen Colbert Wants iPhone 3G, Can't Use Current iPhone

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Stephen Colbert got a free iPhone from Apple once, but will he be able to get it twice? The Comedy Central comedian made the "plea" this past Tuesday on The Colbert Report (viewable via Comedy Central website).

But then yesterday not only does Apple come out with a new iPhone that's $200 cheaper and 3x faster, it's also HUGE! I thought it was a status symbol to pull out an iPhone from my pocket, but that's nothing compared to pulling one out of your U-Haul! Send me a new giant iPhone Apple, or I will do all my future computing on John Hodgman.

Interestingly enough, Colbert later demonstrates his mastery of his current iPhone is similar to the level of that of affore-mentioned Hodgman when he uses his iPhone upside down. Hodgman had also demonstrated this "ability" in a previous episode of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

Article Link

bigmc6000

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
So let's see here -
Cost to Apple: $200
Value of free advertising to exactly the community they are after: $millions (no, I'm not joking)

His show is meant for college kids and those who just got out of college but are still living on a college budget and find themselves with more money than they know what to do with (I know plenty of those people). He's going to give it a lot more press than one of those 30 second ads and the iPhone is a hell of a lot cheaper than one of those. If you're going to give one to Walt - give one to Stephen! :)

Comment

abhishake

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2005
Very true

So let's see here -
Cost to Apple: $200
Value of free advertising to exactly the community they are after: $millions (no, I'm not joking)

Of course he deserves one. Apple benefits the most out of this. It's not as if the cost of $200 is anything to Colbert, however the recognition by Apple will probably bring about even more free advertising from Colbert.

Comment

tgildred

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2007
Originally Posted by crees!
Stephen Colbert is a [comedian I do not understand because [?]].

Fixed, and we can play a new game with this too :D

... I ate too much paste as a child

... I sniffed too much glue as a teenager

... I spent too much time on Macrumors as an adult

:D

(all in good fun)

Comment

benfilan

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2006
Ireland
I'd love one of those huge promotional iPhones they have in O2 stores, They look so cool. it'd make a great TV for my bedroom :)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.