Stereo Speakers?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by applefiend95, Jun 16, 2012.

1. applefiend95 macrumors regular

Does the iMac have stereo speakers? if not, or if so, it will be getting improved in the next refresh/redesign. I know this because during the Keynote presentation of the new Retina Macbook Pro, Phill Schiller said best stereo speaker on any desktop but then corrected to notebooks. what do you think about this? not much to go on but at least we know its coming soon.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. applefiend95 thread starter macrumors regular

4. iMikeT macrumors 68020

Slip? I watched the keynote and there wasn't a slip. Schiller made it a point to say that they did indeed improved the speakers as a new feature of the MacBook Pro.

Making the assumption that Apple will improve the speakers in future iMacs is pure conjecture. Your guess is as good as any rumor mongering person here on these boards.

If you want better speakers, buy an external unit/system. No need to wait for Apple to update the internal speakers of their machines. :rolleyes:

5. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

The speakers on the current iMac lineup are about as good as you can get given the space available inside the mac for the speakers and that because of the design, they face down instead of out.

6. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

The above is true enough.

The easiest improvement . would be a sub only out option. allows the imac speakers to run as sats and send the bass to a sub below the desk. Apple has built these macs for a long time and never offers this. If you really want decent sounds they would rather you get this

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TV282LL/A

or this

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H7959ZM/A/focal-xs-book-speakers

7. applefiend95 thread starter macrumors regular

dude, my point was that because Schiller mentioned the desktops, this points to the iMac and that could be the clue to a refresh SOON. there is no point in asking for decent speakers in any computers - that is why you integrate it with a good audio card and buy external speakers. i could care less if the new iMacs come with built in speakers or not, all i'm worried about is the refresh.;)

8. TLekhi1 macrumors newbie

the speakers won't be that loud though becuase it's coming from a computer not a laptop but you should be able to buy speakers from the apple website were there is a lot of accessories you can buy for various apple devices.:eek: