Steve Jobs' ENEMY?

SAdProZ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
561
276
so, from what i remember reading, Steve Jobs was fired from Apple in 1985, at the cause of an ex "friend" who took over. (Backstabber!).

Anywho, does anybody know his name and what his story is? Or what has become of him since Steve got his job back and has made Apple THE company of companies?

I mean, this guy must feel like idiot of the decade.
 

iGary

Guest
May 26, 2004
19,583
0
Randy's House
SAdProZ said:
so, from what i remember reading, Steve Jobs was fired from Apple in 1985, at the cause of an ex "friend" who took over. (Backstabber!).

Anywho, does anybody know his name and what his story is? Or what has become of him since Steve got his job back and has made Apple THE company of companies?

I mean, this guy must feel like idiot of the decade.
John Sculley

And Jobs did it to himself.
 

carpe diem

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2005
454
0
P.S. Why did you change your tar after so long, i reall liked it.

EDIT: It changed back really quickly
 

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
5,730
0
NYC
carpe diem said:
P.S. Why did you change your tar after so long, i reall liked it.

EDIT: It changed back really quickly
If you're referring to jsw his 'tar has some secrets of its own...:cool:
 

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
3,225
0
somewhere between here and there.
carpe diem said:
I know what a haiku is but did not know what a hiku was
What jsw is saying is that the original poster had made a spelling mistake, in which case he corrected the spelling along with providing the definition of the word. ;)

Don't you just hate when people misspell a word and confuse everyone else in the process. ;) :)
 

SAdProZ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
561
276
its haiku. im really really sorry.

but wow. you guys really know how to reply to a post :)



...now, does anybody know what John Sculley has been up to?
 

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
1,929
1
USA! USA!
SAdProZ said:
does anybody know what John Sculley has been up to?
He committed suicide, unfortunately. He shoved a kitchen knife right through his own belly like a samurai from the days of old.
 

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
1,455
0
maya said:
Don't you just hate when people misspell a word and confuse everyone else in the process. ;) :)
Most people could look at "hiku" and figure out what he meant.
 

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
5,693
1
LaLaLand, CA
There was another site that had some info on what happened besides Apple History. I forget what it was, but it was really good. Do a Google search. Oh, and watch Pirates of Silicone Valley and you'll get a good picture. It's fiction, but it's really close to the truth according to Woz.
 

SAdProZ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
561
276
Daveway said:
Here's a rough draft for an essay I wrote last school year on Apple's history. I've found some historical hiccups in it that are not changed. Enjoy.
That was an interesting read. a job well done!
 

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
3,063
76
Alabama
maya said:
What jsw is saying is that the original poster had made a spelling mistake, in which case he corrected the spelling along with providing the definition of the word. ;)

Don't you just hate when people misspell a word and confuse everyone else in the process. ;) :)
Yeah. My MAC says it's spelled wrong. But I still like my MAC.
 

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
1,094
206
Pasadena, California, USA
Les Kern said:
Yeah. My MAC says it's spelled wrong. But I still like my MAC.
:D

Good one! Love the confusing mis-capitalization.

Daveway said:
Here's a rough draft for an essay I wrote last school year on Apple's history. I've found some historical hiccups in it that are not changed. Enjoy.
Attached Files
Good job, by the way. Briefly skimmed through it since you typed so much. 8 pages! Yeesh!
 

jujube

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2006
1
0
John Sculley III as he likes to call himself is associated with RHO Ventures, a start up venture capital firm, that associates themselves and built low quality fraudy companies like inphonic (wirefly), hotwire and metropcs. All these firms are a reflection of the man: disorganized and poorly run just like what he did to Apple. And hence he's still referred to John Sculley the TURD.

If you met him in person, the first thought that comes to your mind is that this guy is just so full of it and so full of himself. He steals ideas and twists them into fanciful cow dung. How he manages is a mystery and I'm glad he no longers hangs out in Sili Valley for his foul stench is nauseating!
 

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
8,803
0
solvs said:
There was another site that had some info on what happened besides Apple History. I forget what it was, but it was really good. Do a Google search. Oh, and watch Pirates of Silicone Valley and you'll get a good picture. It's fiction, but it's really close to the truth according to Woz.
there are some small inaccuracies according to some mac fans on the internet, but as far as docudramas go, it's fairly accurate and of the four main characters...jobs, woz, gates, and allen...i would tend to agree with the woz the most and i also heard he said it was basically true

funny thing is, woz is the one who looked the best/smartest/most honorable of all the characters ;)