Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

125156-wwdc_iphone_icons.jpg

9 to 5 Mac reports that Apple CEO Steve Jobs has once again taken the time to respond to customer email, this time offering up a short response to a question about the leaked next-generation iPhone's effect on its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) presumably scheduled for this summer in San Francisco.

In response to the customer's hope that WWDC will still be exciting even though the essentially-final design of the next iPhone has been seen, Jobs simply teased:
Don't worry about the WWDC. You ain't seen nothing yet.
Observers are still waiting for Apple to announce this year's dates for WWDC, although rumors and other evidence have pointed to a possible late June window. Apple has used the conference the past two years to introduce its new iPhone hardware, with launches occurring shortly after the conference.

Update: Moved to Page 2, as 9 to 5 Mac is currently investigating the validity of the email. The email headers provided contain some irregularities with respect to the date the email was sent.

Update 2: The headers on the email have been discovered to come from an earlier email sent from Jobs to a customer, confirming that the new email is indeed a hoax.

Article Link: Steve Jobs Responds to Customer Question About iPhone Leak and WWDC

jdm111

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2008
"Disregard this one, it looks like there are some irregularities in the header. We're investigating"

Maybe this is fake then?

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
9to5 Mac has back-pedaled and is now claiming that this Jobs e-mail reply is bogus (irregular message headers).

That makes sense. The purported original inquiry is a brain-damaged fanboy rambling (like the ilk we often see here at MacRumors), not a succinct question (which is what Jobs has usually responded to).

Personally, I don't think Jobs would use the word "ain't".

Smells fishy.

vijay007

macrumors regular
May 17, 2007
Having seen the next generation iPhone already (or near final product), I thought this year's WWDC would not be exciting.

Wow! This one reply starts the excitation for me for this year's WWDC :D

Nicky G

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2002
Baltimore
I personally really like this more interactive Steve Jobs. Hopefully his more "open" attitude trickles down to other parts of the company.

musiciscool

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
iphone

we haven't even seen what this phone can actually do, it will certainly be bad@$$. Finally the iphone won't look like a 'my little pony-kitty adventure' toy phone (though it still was better than the competition). This new design is epic, and classic!

Jayomat

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2009
how can someone claim that "Steve" answered him without any proof and people simply believe him?

jglavin

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2006
we haven't even seen what this phone can actually do, it will certainly be bad@$$. Finally the iphone won't look like a 'my little pony-kitty adventure' toy phone (though it still was better than the competition). This new design is epic, and classic!
I'm beginning to wonder if the new design direction is partially due to the Droid ad campaign where they essentially said the same as what you've said here.

pbassham

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2009
he has to have something for people to talk about

his whole strategy is to get people speculating about something. that is their marketing.

so, i guess there is something coming, but who knows if it will be worth it.

Chwisch87

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2008
THAT IS NOT THE FINAL DESIGN OF THE IPHONE ~!!!! duh people. Do you really thing they would leak that out??? No.

I cannot believe people actually think that is the next iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.