Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Steve Jobs To Give Macworld 2008 Keynote

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

As if there was any doubt, IDG World Expo announced today (via Macworld) that Steve Jobs will be giving the keynote at Macworld 2008.

The keynote address will occur on Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2008 at 9:00 AM PST in Moscone West at San Francisco’s Moscone Convention Center.

For those attending Macworld, MacRumors members are arranging a meetup. Of course, for those unable to attend, MacRumors will provide live coverage of the keynote via MacRumorsLive, with continued coverage from the show floor throughout the conference.

Article Link

Retired
May 16, 2006
Hardly a big surprise...my countdown widget is getting me excited though...

Comment

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
January 15th! That's forever from now!!!!

So, how many of you are staying home from work to watch? Or are you going to be watching at work?

Comment

kingtj

macrumors 68030
Oct 23, 2003
Brunswick, MD
Watch from work?

More like, read the text-based summaries as they scroll by, since Apple won't do a live streaming video of the event anymore. :(

I'm sure I'll watch the keynote later that evening or the next day, when I get time.... but it sucks finding everything out initially, based on some quickly typed info from a member of the audience, sending it out.

Comment

olliebraves20

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2007
Lansing, MI
January 15th! That's forever from now!!!!

So, how many of you are staying home from work to watch? Or are you going to be watching at work?

I will for sure be watching from work. I will bring it up on the dual monitor I have hooked up...guess I will have to just work off of one monitor that day....

Comment

alana22

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
Seattle
They'll have to update the form factor of the Macbook and MBP, I would think. The white plastic especially.

I'm going to hold my breath for an aluminum ultraportable, because that would rock.

Comment

chr1s60

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
California
I wonder what Apple has in store for us. I am excited, but I am highly doubting an announcement that can top the excitement and hype that was involved with the iPhone announcement. It would be nice if they could do it again though.

Comment

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
come on....say SOMETHING about updating the iMac!!!!

have you been under a rock ? the imac was just updated 4 months ago, it most likely will not see a update until spring when the penny processors are available.

Comment

spazattack674

macrumors regular
May 17, 2006
Boston
I wonder what Apple has in store for us. I am excited, but I am highly doubting an announcement that can top the excitement and hype that was involved with the iPhone announcement. It would be nice if they could do it again though.

3G iPhone? ;) :D

Comment

Retired
May 16, 2006
I hope its not one of those conferences where SJ gets off the stage to let others introduce things...

Comment

tyrnight

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2007
Mac Pro

I just hope an announcement for new Mac Pro Hardware is included, Im waiting to buy mine until the new Penryn Xeons are available at Apple.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.