Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Keynote 2.0 cannot come soon enough.

With that said, I will wait another year if it means Keynote 2.0 is an amazing, market-leading upgrade.

JoeAlamaiz

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2004
Tulse said:
I think the intent is for Core Image and Core Video to gracefully degrade -- if your application calls Core Image, but the hardware doesn't support it, the app won't break, the effect just won't appear.

So I doubt that a Core Image-enabled version of Keynote wouldn't run presentations on lower-end machines -- my guess is that, instead, the transitions and effects that depend on Core Image simply won't work. That's not ideal, but it's better than a) having the entire app break, or b) waiting to incorporate the cool Core Image technology into Keynote until eveyone has machines that will support it.

Actually, Core Image and Video will work as long as they're running on Tiger. As long as a computer supports the OS it will work, only that the playback quality will degrade if there's not hardware GPU that supports Core. Just like any other window dressing I guess... :rolleyes:

walkingmac

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2003
Greater Cincinnati
Keynote Presentations on the iPod... ummm... ya!

This is the MAIN reason I am planning on purchasing the iPod Photo. It is a great portable system that you can plug in ANYWHERE and use to do a presentation. Tru, the only transition is the wipe and there are no animations, but that is ok. All you have to do is create your presentation in Keynote, export it out to an interactive quicktime video, export that out to an image sequence, and load that into your new iPod Photo and off to the meeting you go. That is SO great to have available to without the need of a computer, dvd player, or other system that you don't know the in's and out's of (you know, that crappy M$ machine they have hooked up to the screen). You don't even have to drag you powerbook out your bag and hook it up, just take your ear-buds out of yoy head, plug in the A/V connection, and present away. NICE... MUST HAVE.... DADDY LIKE!

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I'd love to have something like a iPod Photo for presentations, that'd improve my presenting ability immensely (carry around the iPod and press next when I need to, without having to "and... (walks back to laptop, press next) THIS!" :)

Actually, is there a remote like Steve Jobs uses for a laptop? Bluetooth maybe? (I know about the cell phone-based clicker, but I don't want to buy a cell phone for that)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.