Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Fenox Venture Capital today announced that Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak will share more "untold stories of Apple" at the Startup World Cup Grand Finale on March 24. The event will take place at the Marriott Marquis hotel in San Francisco.

steve-woz-sweater.jpg
Steve Wozniak, aka "Woz", will share insights on his time at Apple and tell some untold stories. In 1976, Woz co-founded Apple with Steve Jobs, where he developed the Apple I, and co-created the Apple II. He remains a Silicon Valley icon and is recognized as a pioneer of the personal computer revolution.
Wozniak, better known as "Woz," co-founded Apple alongside Steve Jobs and Ronald Wayne in 1976. He temporarily left Apple after injuring himself in a personal airplane crash in 1981, and he permanently left the company in 1985. He published a book called iWoz in 2007 to reflect on his past with Jobs and the company.

Startup World Cup consists of 16 startup competitions around the world. The top startup from each competition will be flown to the final event in San Francisco, where they will be competing for a $1 million investment prize from a panel of venture capitalists. It is at this grand finale where Woz will speak.

Article Link: Steve Wozniak to Share More 'Untold' Stories About Apple at 'Startup World Cup' Next Month

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

emm386

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2016
Woz's job was to come up with products that were good.

While Steve made them sexy.

A real tinkerer and technological mastermind, given way to little credit in retrospect. But back then: The perfect team!

Reactions: ThomasJL

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
Woz was a lot more interesting when he didn't pop up every 15 minutes with some anecdote or story we've heard a million times before. The guy goes to any speaking engagement that's paying and tells the same stories over and over again. I don't think he has anything new to tell honestly.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, brilliant engineer in his day but give it a rest buddy, go into obscurity already.

Reactions: AdonisSMU

gmcalpin

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2008
Somerville, MA
Woz was a lot more interesting when he didn't pop up every 15 minutes with some anecdote or story we've heard a million times before. The guy goes to any speaking engagement that's paying and tells the same stories over and over again. I don't think he has anything new to tell honestly.
One time, Steve picked up the tab for lunch and everyone was SHOCKED.

Cineplex

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2016
Isn't he still on Apple's payroll?
I thought he receives a small honorarium each year.
He called it a "small paycheck to settle royalties". Probably covers the phone bills of his 89 phones he carries around.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA

I'm sure he's a nice guy, brilliant engineer in his day but give it a rest buddy, go into obscurity already.

Why is he still relevant? What has he done lately, or even in the last 20 years, other than play up what he did back in the 1970s?

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
Beautiful I look forward to this. Not enough original stories at the moment.

mcfrazieriv

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2012
One trick pony... just like that author that wrote the bio about Jobs. Incessant storytelling of the past.

nikaru

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2009
There is nothing new that can be told by this guy on Apple or Steve....

After so many years, I don't understand how he never found his own way in the business.

Instead of telling us "new stories" about the company which he left some decades ago, it will be better if he share with us what the **** he did for the industry and the IT community after the Apple era.

DUIduckSAUCE

Suspended
Sep 12, 2016
There is nothing new that can be told by this guy on Apple or Steve....

After so many years, I don't understand how he never found his own way in the business.

Instead of telling us "new stories" about the company which he left some decades ago, it will be better if he share with us what the **** he did for the industry and the IT community after the Apple era.
Seems he likes to chill.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
One trick pony... just like that author that wrote the bio about Jobs. Incessant storytelling of the past.
Yeah, that guy Walt Mossberg who is like basically no one at all and hasn't done anything at all aside from writing about Jobs and isn't even known in the (tech) journalist community and beyond.

satchmo

macrumors 68040
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
What would be considered a "Small honorarium?"

No idea...
But I'm not sure he actually needs the money.
A quick google search says his net worth is $100 mil.

As for being a one trick pony, one could say the same for so many successful people in the world.
I'd gladly be called that and worse, if my net worth was $100 mil. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.