Steves book stories

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by sparkie1984, Oct 21, 2011.

1. sparkie1984 macrumors 68000

Hi guys,

Would it be possible to make the stories of steves book less prominent? There's a few of us who don't want to read half the book before its out.

Maybe a click to view or something?

Just an idea

2. 184550 Guest

IIRC, haven't a majority of the articles included a picture of the book jacket/ a tag line that indicates that it is taken from the forthcoming book?

Couldn't you just skim the headline/ pictures?

3. tgildred macrumors 6502

The last two have not been:

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/21/steve-jobs-on-an-apple-television-set-i-finally-cracked-it/

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/21...o-give-jony-ive-complete-operational-freedom/

The problem is the headline and the picture summarize the content of the article anyway. I can see both sides of the issue on this one. I've been trying to do my own due diligence and avoid reading these articles (here and elsewhere) but it's difficult because these excerpts are everywhere in most of the news sites I read. And I recognize that they are just excerpts and the book as a whole will be a different experience. Still...

I don't know if this is feasible, but if the article headline said "Steve Job's Biography: Steve Job's thoughts on Apple Television," and there was simply a "click to read more" in the summary, it might be helpful.

4. sparkie1984 thread starter macrumors 68000

This is the sort of idea I had, it's not the end of the world I just thought its worth an ask.

5. 184550 Guest

While I understand your POV, when I read those headlines, I automatically assumed that they were from the book.

However, as I said, that's just me.

6. arn, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

How could these possibly have been posted together when they all happened at different times?

Or if you are suggesting we post a single story, and just keep updating it rather than posting new stories about the same topic. The answer is simply no.

arn

7. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

That is much better. Being one of those who are still awaiting for delivery, I appreciate the 'click here to read rest of article ' link.

Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 18.30.37.png